Hello fellow offset guitar lovers

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
DB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Hello fellow offset guitar lovers

Post by DB » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:34 pm

Hello All!

My name is Dan, and I've been a fan of offset guitars for many years.  I'm primarily a bass player, but play guitar (ok)  and some keys (badly)  as well.  My current lineup of offsets includes:

- Fender Jaguar Bass in Hot Rod Red with matching headstock (used to be a Jazz Bass fan until these came out)
- Fender Jaguar Baritone refinished in surf green with a mint guard and tuned B-B
- Fender Bass VI Japanese reissue, modifiied by previous owner with blocks but no binding.  Currently refinishing this one in seafoam green with matching headstock.
- Fender Bass VI custom shop limited edition in 3-tone sunburst, which is way nicer looking and sounding than the Japanese reissue (I'll post a thread with comparision photos).

Questionable Offsets:
- Ric 4003 bass in blueburst (does this qualify as an offset? - I think so, sort of)

Other non-offsets:
Lakland Skyline Hollowbody fretless in Candy Red
Ric 360-12 in Fireglo
Takamine acoustic
Dean 12-string acoustic

I've already found a bunch of useful info here and hope to post some of the same.  My current project is an XII based on a Jazzmaster body and 12-string baritone neck from USACG, some Kent Armstrong Gibson style HBs and a Dano 12-string bridge.  I'm in the collecting parts and ordering stage right now, and I'll post details as it comes together.
IV, V, VI, XII...

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Re: Hello fellow offset guitar lovers

Post by i love sharin foo » Wed Dec 06, 2006 7:39 pm

You should definitely post some pics of your toys when you have a chance! Glad you found us!

Justin
A death’s head ring upon his finger

aen
Expat
Expat

Post by aen » Wed Dec 06, 2006 8:00 pm

:o

Pictures!

PLeeeeeeease!
I prefer their older stuff.

DB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DB » Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:12 pm

OK, here's some pics of my Jaguar Baritone in surf green, Bass VI reissue and Bass VI custom shop:

http://www.pbase.com/dbasica/guitars

DB
IV, V, VI, XII...