Grettings from sunny Oregon

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
BonnieJeanGuitars
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Grettings from sunny Oregon

Post by BonnieJeanGuitars » Wed Dec 20, 2023 9:29 am

...right now at least.

It's time to stare queuing up another project and a Jazzmaster recently caught my eye. Never one to pass up an opportunity to build something, it'll give me another chance to rope one or both of my kids into yet another project. But first, my shop needs some TLC with some organization and cleaning, which I will do as time is available in between life and other projects which currently include integrating WIDI to my RJM foot controller, thoroughly testing a circuit to daisy-chain some MIDI capable pedals without the need for a distribution box, and trying to bring one side of my old TC1210 back to life.

A life long obsession with bicycles, racing mountain bikes and competing in observed trials events in the 90's/'00's led me to start a business building custom titanium bikes in 2006. A big crash in 2018 kept me off bikes and unable to work for about a year and contributed to my losing a lot of interest in bikes in general. I feel like I've contributed a lot to this industry and it's time to move on, especially after the supply chain issues during the pandemic slammed everyone, my one-man business definitely included. So while I figure out what's next, let's build some stuff!

The concept at the moment is something roughly Jazzmaster shaped and multi-scale. Those are the only decisions that have been made so far, but mission creep is real and it's looking very likely that I'll be machining a bridge and making a bridge pickup completely from scratch. Jazzmaster because, I have a strat shaped guitar already and it's great, but I don't need another one. What I do "need" is another guitar with a vibrato and it seems like the JM is a good option for a multi-scale fretboard because the vibrato is decoupled from the bridge. Plus it's a tidy little design, unlike a Bigsby.

Looking forward to learning from other folks on this forum and hope I can contribute something interesting in the future.

gr8went
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Grettings from sunny Oregon

Post by gr8went » Sun Jan 07, 2024 9:45 am

Howdy. Good luck with your new project.