Bonjour !

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Red_Nick
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Bonjour !

Post by Red_Nick » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:27 am

Hi everybody !

So I thought I'd introduce myself properly !
I'm Nico from france, been lurking here for quite some time, I'm a big fan of the "What's on your workbench" thread,

I started being obsessed with offset guitars about 10 years when I discovred Wilco (pretty sure I'm not the first one!)

Being a lefty, it's been difficult to find guitars, so I've built a few partsmasters

Anyway, here's the offset guitars I currently play (not pictured is a sunburst MIJ Jazzmaster)

sal paradise
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Bonjour !

Post by sal paradise » Fri Nov 11, 2022 6:57 am

Yes! Another lefty ❤️ There are a few of us, always good to see more.

Tell me about these ones please. I’ve thought about flipping a 12- how difficult was it to build one? ;D
I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion?

Red_Nick
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Red_Nick » Fri Nov 11, 2022 10:18 am

Hello fellow lefty!
Sure!
So the XII started out as a regular Warmoth JM body. For a while a while it had a MIJ Fender neck and I had a neck built along with a metal controle plate (which has the exact same proportions as the lower horn of the JM pickguard) and I got some Novak XII pickups.

The orange JM is my left-over caster. it's made up of all the parts I've removed from my other guitars, it was a fun project, but it's not that great ! Oh and the pickups are The Q pickups Monster set, and they sound HUGE. Really recommended.

The Fiesta red is another warmoth, it has the Fender that was one the XII. It has Duncan Quarter Pound set and mastery hardware, I wanted to make this one as good as possible, and I think it turned out great !

The Blue jaguar was part of special run of lefty guitars Fender Japan offered in 2018, had to wait 7 months for this one and I LOVE IT. Only issue was the hardware that was completely so I got mastery kit as well. Still looking for some better pickups to get that twangy surf sound.

And finally the purple sparkle one is a Delirium Bettie, it was custom built for another player who wanted to get a J Mascis kinda vibe, the pickups are SP and they have three "voices" Télé-ish, Jazzmaster and Humbucker. It's really difficult to find any information about those guitars, I think the company stopped about ten years ago...

shoegaze_head
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shoegaze_head » Fri Nov 11, 2022 12:18 pm

Nice to meet you! Your collection is lovely, especially as you've built some of them yourself. The fiesta reds are stunning