Hi from Cornwall UK.

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
buddhuu
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hi from Cornwall UK.

Post by buddhuu » Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:51 pm

Hi, all.

I'm Rick: new to the forum and new to offsets.

My wife, who is a Cornish native, and I just moved down here from upcountry. When we moved we downsized and minimised. We sold, gave away or recycled most of what we owned to make a fresh start. Amongst the stuff that went were most of my guitars and amplifiers. I sold a Strat, an SG, two amps, a shedload of FX and my PA.

The only instruments I came down with were my Taylor GS Mini acoustic guitar, my mandolin and a couple of tenor 'ukuleles. See the short-scale theme emerging here?

After a couple of months I thought 'fck it. I need an electric guitar'. I thought about how comfortable I find the short scale of the Taylor and decided to get an electric of similar scale. So, a Fender Player Jaguar materialised at my house!
Last edited by buddhuu on Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

countertext
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hi from Cornwall UK.

Post by countertext » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:57 pm

Welcome. I’m imagining Doc Martin writing that post. Show us some pics of that Jag out in the beautiful Cornish landscape!

buddhuu
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Hi from Cornwall UK.

Post by buddhuu » Thu Aug 29, 2019 1:57 am

Cheers.

I'm probably about as grumpy as Doc M, LOL.

I'll post some pics later in another thread as I want to discuss issues and mods specific to Jags. I've only had it a few days and I've already blocked the trem (I rarely use them), fitted (and then removed) a buzz stop, changed the bridge and tried 3 gauges of strings, LOL.

As you can probably guess, I'm a compulsive modder/tinkerer. It seems I spend half my life setting up, modifying or repairing guitars for friends and acquaintances. :D

Here (hopefully) is a pre-mod pic.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1iLKz3r ... sp=sharing