For The Love Of Offsets

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
AstroGhast
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

For The Love Of Offsets

Post by AstroGhast » Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:44 am

Hey everyone,

I've read the forums here for many years and finally decided to join. It seems like a cool place to learn new things and pick the brains of like-minded guitar people.

I work in the music gear industry. I also repair guitars. I'm particularly fond of Fenders. Especially the oddballs. My personal favourite top five guitars I've owned over the years are a 2005 Fender Cyclone in black, a 2002 Fender Toronado in Orange, a 1994 MIJ Fender Mustang in Sunburst, a 2017 Fender Jazzmaster Classic 60's Lacquer in Surf Green, and a 2001 CIJ Fender Mustang in Sonic Blue. I'm hoping to add a Daphne Blue Fender Sixty-Six to this list in the near future.

I play a bit of rock (I have a Les Paul I love), I'm a big Thin Lizzy fan, but my main love is surf, both classic and more modern offshoots of surf-based music I don't really have a genre name for. Anything from The Shadows, Tornados, Hank Marvin to The Madeira, The Growlers, etc.

Beyond funky offset guitars and surf music, I love cats, sunshine, nature, pizza, German beer, and The Twilight Zone (the Rod Serling years).

Looking forward to contributing, chatting, and learning new things here. See you around!

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: For The Love Of Offsets

Post by Larry Mal » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:11 am

Welcome to the forum! Nice to have you.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

DeathJag
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DeathJag » Fri Feb 15, 2019 11:09 am

AstroGhast wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 6:44 am
Hey everyone,

I've read the forums here for many years and finally decided to join. It seems like a cool place to learn new things and pick the brains of like-minded guitar people.

I work in the music gear industry. I also repair guitars. I'm particularly fond of Fenders. Especially the oddballs. My personal favourite top five guitars I've owned over the years are a 2005 Fender Cyclone in black, a 2002 Fender Toronado in Orange, a 1994 MIJ Fender Mustang in Sunburst, a 2017 Fender Jazzmaster Classic 60's Lacquer in Surf Green, and a 2001 CIJ Fender Mustang in Sonic Blue. I'm hoping to add a Daphne Blue Fender Sixty-Six to this list in the near future.

I play a bit of rock (I have a Les Paul I love), I'm a big Thin Lizzy fan, but my main love is surf, both classic and more modern offshoots of surf-based music I don't really have a genre name for. Anything from The Shadows, Tornados, Hank Marvin to The Madeira, The Growlers, etc.

Beyond funky offset guitars and surf music, I love cats, sunshine, nature, pizza, German beer, and The Twilight Zone (the Rod Serling years).

Looking forward to contributing, chatting, and learning new things here. See you around!
That’s a great list of guitars! Now for the logical next question - amps?

If you aren’t yet, go here and sign up. I’m DeathTide, and all they talk about is surf.

https://surfguitar101.com/

AstroGhast
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by AstroGhast » Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:22 pm

Thanks for the welcome guys!

I'll check that place out DeathJag. Thanks!

As for amps; I have a Traynor hand wired YGM3 reissue. That's it for now. I'm going to be moving in the next few months and once settled into the new place I'd like to find a used Super Reverb for a good price. I'll settle for a Deluxe though if I have to.

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Embenny » Sat Feb 16, 2019 12:26 pm

Sounds like you're a true-blooded Offset fan. You'll find you're in good company here. Welcome!
The artist formerly known as mbene085.