Hello from Northern Illinois!

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
SlothWhisperer
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello from Northern Illinois!

Post by SlothWhisperer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 7:24 am

Hello everyone! I've been playing guitar since about 1995 when I bought my first guitar (a Squier Strat), and then a bunch more guitars after that! (haha) I ended up playing in a few local bands over the years, but never anything serious. And I am now an owner of my very first offset guitar. A 2018 Fender Player Series Jazzmaster in Polar White.

I was at the Chicago Music Exchange a few weeks back and they had all of the new Fender Player Series guitars in every color for sale. I saw this Jazzmaster in this Polar White color and it immediately grabbed my attention. I picked it up, plugged it in and it was the first time a guitars neck ever felt "right" in my hand. So I played on it for a little bit (thru a Friedman combo amp, WoW!) had my buddy that came there with me play on it as well to get a second opinion about it.(He loved it as well) But after that I put it back on the hanger and left. I didn't have the $675 bucks with Chicago's 10.25% sales tax rate on top of that with me to buy it right then and there. Now as the next few days go by I couldn't get this damn guitar out of my head. So I go online to research this guitar because I don't know much at all about Jazzmasters, and the tremolo system worried me somewhat. Well in all my "researching" (I found this webpage and) I came across a barely used / basically brand new version of the Jazzmaster I played at the Chicago Music Exchange just listed over on Reverb.com for $500 bucks and I knew it had to be mine.

So here I am. Can't wait to talk guitars with everyone.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hello from Northern Illinois!

Post by Larry Mal » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:02 am

Welcome! Where in northern Illinois? My wife is from Evanston, we get up that way quite a bit.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

SlothWhisperer
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Hello from Northern Illinois!

Post by SlothWhisperer » Thu Jan 17, 2019 10:38 am

Right up near the Illinois/Wisconsin border. A town called Antioch. If I walked out my back door and threw a rock, I could hit Wisconsin.