Hi! Here's my MIJ Jazzmaster.

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Nox_Vagari
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hi! Here's my MIJ Jazzmaster.

Post by Nox_Vagari » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:19 pm

Hey guys.

So I had been wanting a Jaguar or Jazzmaster for quite a while but never actually owned one... until just a few days ago.

I tried out a few guitars and the one that felt/sounded the best to me (and I could afford) was a 2017 Fender MIJ 60's Jazzmaster.
I didn't intend on buying a black Jazzmaster, but as I said it was what I liked the best after trying a few guitars.

Anyway, I only have a few low quality phone pics but here it is!

I have some plans for this one, but they are a secret for now.

I guess thats it. Merry Christmas!

Embenny
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hi! Here's my MIJ Jazzmaster.

Post by Embenny » Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:23 pm

Looks great! It's all about how it feels and sounds - colour isn't everything, but FWIW I think that's a great colour scheme!

Happy holidays.
The artist formerly known as mbene085.

cjs
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by cjs » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:35 am

Nox_Vagari wrote:
Mon Dec 24, 2018 2:19 pm

I tried out a few guitars and the one that felt/sounded the best to me (and I could afford) was a 2017 Fender MIJ 60's Jazzmaster.
I didn't intend on buying a black Jazzmaster, but as I said it was what I liked the best after trying a few guitars.

i check this one out online all the time. i love the look.

how do you like it so far? how's it feel?

Nox_Vagari
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by Nox_Vagari » Sun Jan 06, 2019 8:26 pm

cjs wrote:
Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:35 am

i check this one out online all the time. i love the look.

how do you like it so far? how's it feel?
I love it! I think it's great. As I mentioned I tried out a couple Jazzmasters/Jaguars. Some cheaper ones, some more expensive ones.

Honestly it just depends on the individual guitar I think and all I can say is I really liked this one. Playability is great, low action (someone set it up well), frets and fretboard are finished very nicely. Sounded great to me too (and with the Novak pickup swap it's exactly what I wanted).

The only reason I have a project thread on it is because I love messing around with things hah. And if I bought an American Jazzmaster with a poly finish I'd be refinishing that in lacquer too! (I'm just a bit crazy, I know)