Hi Offset community.

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Mabry
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hi Offset community.

Post by Mabry » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:51 am

Greetings from a new user. I joined the offset world last week with a beautiful G&L Doheny that I am in love with. I want to thank this great community for all of the informative posts about this guitar that really helped me choose the Doheny; I searched the entire web for info on this guitar, and this site was by far the most informative destination for me.

I have never really used a Tremolo system before, so I have two questions that I was hoping you wise, a-symmetrical, geniuses could help me with. Is there anything I need to do to properly insert the bar, other then simply pushing it in? When I have tried it out the bar seems a tiny bit loose in the bridge's hole, and I don't want to damage anything by using the bar incorrectly.

I'm also wondering if anything could be damaged/worn-out if I remove the bar on a regular basis? I would like to try and keep the guitar in it's hard case, when I'm not playing it, because I want to take good care of it, but the guitar does not fit in the case when the Tremolo bar is attached.

Sorry for the length of this post, and for any dumb questions, I'm just so excited about this guitar and I want to treat it right. It was a used model, in perfect condition, that I got a great deal on, and I want to take care of it as well as it's previous owner.

Thanks everyone,

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hi Offset community.

Post by Larry Mal » Tue Nov 13, 2018 12:46 pm

The Doheny should have a little Allen wrench adjustable screw on the side of the tremolo unit. You insert the bar, then use your Allen wrench to apply pressure to the screw so it holds fast. It's a great tremolo unit and a great system.

Welcome to the forum!
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

Mabry
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Hi Offset community.

Post by Mabry » Tue Nov 13, 2018 2:35 pm

Thank you very much for your reply Larry. I should have realized that is how the bridge worked. Yes, from everything I have read it does seem like a very good tremolo system, with good tuning stability, which was one of the reasons I picked the Doheny.