New Member from New Joisey

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Cujo
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

New Member from New Joisey

Post by Cujo » Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:25 pm

Just bought a 2014 Squier Custom Modified Jaguar for 200 bucks with (literally) rust on the strings, some on the saddles and the pickguard screws. Got most of that off and cleaned up everything. Electronics are clean, no corrosion. It's practically like new and all for 200 bucks. Next step is to find screws with a flatter head just before the tailpiece as both E strings are hitting it and waiting on a vibrato arm. Oh yeah, I threw on a buzz stop I got for 14 bucks.

Action and neck were clean, so was the finish once I cleaned up the gunk on the body. It also needed a bit of lemon oil on the fretboard.

I'm a bargain hunter, I suppose. Looks like someone just sat it somewhere slightly damp for 4 years, the strings look like the originals except for one.

jakeisjake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New Member from New Joisey

Post by jakeisjake » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:58 am

welcome! you're from jersey? i'm from jersey!
If I was a byrd, I'd be mighty sore every time they shut the door and I don't think I'd sing...

Cujo
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: New Member from New Joisey

Post by Cujo » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:52 pm

Well, I live here. Originally from Filth-a-delphia. Relocated to NJ via Dallas, Texas.

Still getting the hang of the Jaguar. Put .011 strings on it after redoing the boyo and getting the intonation and strings settled in. The vibrato is everything I expected a Stratocaster should have. I may try floating the bridge on my Strat but I want to look at an alternative bridge for this after checking out how nicely the Jag vibrato works. I've been playing with eights and sevens on my other guitars so this is a big difference. I may yet try them on a Jag anyway.