Greetings from Bath, England

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
MartySkiver
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Greetings from Bath, England

Post by MartySkiver » Tue Jul 10, 2018 7:01 am

Almost exactly one year ago a new guitar shop Guitarbitz opened in the Georgian city of Bath and I went in to bid them welcome thinking that I would buy some strings & plecs and the like just to be polite. I walked out with a candy apple red Squier Jazzmaster '58 reissue. Frankly, I had never been so surprised and impressed by a guitar off the shelf, and I have been playing for decades. Somehow, offset guitars had never been on my radar and I have a tattoo of the headstock of my 1958 Hofner President on my right arm which gives you some idea of what I had played hitherto, but I have scarcely touched another guitar since acquiring 'Rusty'. She has inspired me to try a whole new repertoire and I have recently given her the upgrade of a Fender Avri tremolo which is a great improvement over the rather lifeless Squier unit. She was cheap enough to buy on a whim, but is in my view not just a good guitar for the money but a truly excellent instrument all round (barring the trem). Anyway, thank you for welcoming me to your ranks ladies and gentlemen, I shall enjoy your company and look forward to learning much.

Stephen_42
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Greetings from Bath, England

Post by Stephen_42 » Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:02 am

I used to go to Bath to Duck, Son and Pinker when they were still about - beautiful city!

gringopig
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by gringopig » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:40 am

Greetings! New here myself and hope to gather lots of offset lore!
Welcome.

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:50 am

Welcome aboard. Lovely part of the world you're from. Pics of your guitar(s) are always welcome here. ;)