Hello from Oregon

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
SaulBadman
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello from Oregon

Post by SaulBadman » Mon May 21, 2018 1:33 pm

Hi All,

New here, from Eugene, OR USA.

My newest bug: Finding a Jazzmaster to play. I've been writing some new music, need a Jazzmaster to do the trick.

To that end, I've been looking up this and that regarding Jazzmasters, and offsets in general. After all is said and done, it's probably be a 60's era vintage Fender for me. A tough order in the middle of nowhere Oregon. It'll be either a trip to Portland, Seattle, San Francisco, or a good bit of luck.

So far here, I've played a Suhr JM. Nice, modern, great playing instrument, with great tones. Not how I'm going to allocate $2300 though. I've also played a MIJ Jaguar that didn't work out, and a J Mascis Squier. The Mascis is a nice instrument for the money, but I ultimately find that I'd rather save the pennies for the mojo and inspiration a vintage Fender will provide.

Looking forward to reading and "meeting" some offset enthusiast. This forum has been a great help so far.

Ted

Azentzvox
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Hello from Oregon

Post by Azentzvox » Sun Jun 17, 2018 6:15 pm

Ted,
I’m surprised you find Eugene the the middle of nowhere haha. I’m from a much smaller town in Oregon.
Anyways, I’ve had good luck finding really cool vintage stuff in the area. I found a 1956 Martin not that long ago and see stuff pop up all the time in Eugene, Salem and Portland.
Happy hunting dude and welcome to OSG. I’m new too!

B
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hello from Oregon

Post by B » Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:44 pm

If you think Eugene is the middle of nowhere, you obviously haven't driven through Burns. :D

Welcome.