New from Alabama

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
EarlyDawn
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

New from Alabama

Post by EarlyDawn » Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:39 pm

Hello. OK here goes a little about me. I’m recently widowed it’s been 5 months since my husband passed. He knew his instruments especially his guitars. He used to play all the time.
And I miss hearing him play and sing. Me I don’t play I’ve tried my hands are to little. I came across this site just wanted to see opinions on guitars.
I have a 65 Fender Jaguar with matching headstock, Dakota Red. Plays great has a few dings on it, but is in great condition. :) :)

skink
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New from Alabama

Post by skink » Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:56 am

Welcome aboard. I'm also in AL. Very sorry to hear about your husband's passing. I really believe most musicians are happiest during those quieter times when we make music for the delight of loved ones. Instruments are remarkable things. The way they carry memories is something beautiful.

Sounds like you've got a very nice old Jag. And it would be a great one to learn on. If you have a chance to take a picture and post it, we'd love to see it.

EarlyDawn
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: New from Alabama

Post by EarlyDawn » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:47 pm

Thank you for the welcome. Yes he was very happy playing his guitar. He has a Taylor guitar he played on. The Jaguar is something he inherited, he played it in his younger days. I’m going to try & figure how to upload pics.