Hello from Spartanburg, SC

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
jason29307
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello from Spartanburg, SC

Post by jason29307 » Thu Jan 11, 2018 11:19 am

Hey guys, just wanted to give a quick introduction. Winter is almost here and am going to be tucking my motorcycle away for the winter and I need something to tinker on. I haven't built a guitar in about two years. First build was a sunburst tele, then a jazz bass, third was my favorite. A TV yellow LP style double cut junior. Then I found a trashed 1980 Ibanez Blazer body and neck, spray painted gold in my apartment trash dump. But I could see a spot of swamp ash grain under some of the gold spray paint and picked it out and built it back to factory spec accept I sunburst it buy you can still see the grain through it. While playing in bands from 94 to 2004 I wasn't building G's then. I always played a Westone Spectrum ST that I modded with SD humbuckers that has been through hell and is still my favorite playing and sounding guitar from all the Epi's and other guitars I have had. But I have never had an offset guitar and have always wanted one, so I figured it was time to build a Jazzcaster or Telemaster which ever name you prefer. I just ordered my body and it is being built at https://rosserguitars.com. Michael is a great guy to deal with. Just wanted to introduce my self and I look forward to being here.
Thanks guys
Jason

-=Todd Fox=-
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Hello from Spartanburg, SC

Post by -=Todd Fox=- » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:03 am

Hey, welcome aboard. Glad to know I'm not the only person who can appreciate a good playing off-brand guitar.
Got any before and after pics of the Ibanez rebuild?

derekstudt
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Hello from Spartanburg, SC

Post by derekstudt » Sat Feb 10, 2018 7:56 am

Welcome to the board! My Rosser Guitars Jazzmaster body should ship next week. I've heard great things, and he's been really easy to communicate with.