Hi from Berlin, Germany

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Igorilla
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Hi from Berlin, Germany

Post by Igorilla » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:06 am

Hi all,

My name is Igor.
I've been reading the forum for a while now and finally decided to join!
This site was a great source of information and know-how for working on my own guitars.
Thanks dudes and dudettes!
I love offset guitars and play instrumental surf mostly. My musical roots are '77 Punk Rock, Power Pop, Garage Punk and early Hard Core, but I always liked roots music styles including early Jazz too. 5 or 6 years ago it just happened somehow that I switched completely to playing surf music :wtf:

Cheers!

novamax
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hi from Berlin, Germany

Post by novamax » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:16 pm

Welcome Igor, nice to have you with us and to see you again. The German surf music forum seems to be dead...

Since we last jammed, I found a green SGV300 like yours (less pristine, though ), and even better, an SG3 via this forum ! Also built a surfy bear outboard reverb tank and bought a surfy trem. Great stuff! I also tried to form a surf (and similar genres) band over the past year, but failed due to a lack of interest from other Musicians (had a great bass player and a cool Jazz drummer, but couldn't find a seriously interested guitar or keyboard player)...

Igorilla
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Igorilla » Fri Jan 05, 2018 2:45 pm

Thanks novamax! Glad you got the SG3 finally! I hope it is a red one (IIRC you were gasing for a red one right...?).
And yes, it is hard, really hard, to start a surf band. My only advice is: keep trying and be patient!

Cheers!

novamax
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by novamax » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:36 pm

Yes, it is the coral red one I was GASing for :)

Yeah... I learned that lesson now... I life out in the suburbs now, so it's not gotten any easier... I will let the band stuff rest for a while since family life need my full attention this year, which leaves no resources, to start out anew. Maybe I'll do some solo recording stuff. But it's in the back of my head nagging to come out again... :)

Igorilla
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Igorilla » Mon Jan 08, 2018 2:16 am

novamax wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:36 pm
Yes, it is the coral red one I was GASing for :)
This is perfect then. Congrats on your dream guitar!
novamax wrote:
Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:36 pm
Yeah... I learned that lesson now... I life out in the suburbs now, so it's not gotten any easier... I will let the band stuff rest for a while since family life need my full attention this year, which leaves no resources, to start out anew. Maybe I'll do some solo recording stuff. But it's in the back of my head nagging to come out again... :)
Yes, I know the thing with family life very well! Our second born is 1 1/2 years old now and I am getting some more time gradually to write songs and practice. Enjoy the family life, it is fun!

By the way, on January 19. there will be Garage Surf Out with Los Apollos, The Hicadoolas and Boris Bond in Garage Pankow.
Maybe a chance to meet for a beer or two ...? :)