Hello from Sunny Devon, UK

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
wrinkleygit
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hello from Sunny Devon, UK

Post by wrinkleygit » Mon Dec 04, 2017 9:57 am

Hello everyone, I have been a guitar player since I was 11yrs old & since then I have owned & sold quite a few, for the past 15 yrs I have had problems with arthritis in pretty much all of my joints which has obviously affected my playing. For most of my gigging years a strat was my weapon of choice, together with numerous les pauls that I never really bonded with , more recently I have had a few PRS's with the 25" scale being somewhat kinder to my ageing joints & lately gone back to another LP with 24.75"scale in the hope that might be easier on the fingers. Finally at the age of 65 I'm embarrassed to admit that I had never realised that a Jaguar had a 24" scale neck, what a lightbulb moment , there were a couple available new locally, a USA built model with small narrow frets & a high E string that was falling off the edge of the neck & in another shop a MIM model which I really bonded with & was the much better guitar in my opinion, so much so that after two visits to try it out I was almost ready to buy it, sadly for the dealer & lucky for me a used 2008 MIM jag came up for sale locally which I snapped up, it was strung with 12's & had a fair amount of relief in the neck but after owning it now for a week I have restrung with a set of 10's ( EB reg slinkies) tweaked the trussrod a couple of times & I'm now in guitarplaying heaven.

Kaganovich
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Hello from Sunny Devon, UK

Post by Kaganovich » Mon Dec 04, 2017 1:24 pm

I'm not quite your age yet, but catching up!
I have a Jaguar (the Japanese thinline one) and the scale length is a genuinely different experience. I'm currently trying to build a Jaguar in 25.5" scale with humbuckers, I should then have the only two guitars I need!