Greetings from Melbourne Australia

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
JazzmanLDG
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Greetings from Melbourne Australia

Post by JazzmanLDG » Thu Jun 22, 2017 8:41 am

Hi all, I am 46 and have been playin since I was7. My first electric was a strat copy at age 13 which I took appart six months later, fascinated by how it worked.
My first exposure to offsets was via Ralph Denyers, The Guitar Handbook. Given to me when I was 14. I was fascinated by the array of different guitars especially the other Fender models. I played my first Jazzmaster when I was 18 hanging around some older guys during a punk recording. The guitarist came out with a Jazzmaster, handed it to me to check out. An early '60's JM, roughly stripped of the finish. I have been entranced ever since.
When I was 19 the first vintage Fender I bought was a '63 Olympic white Musicmaster. I chose not to buy the Jazzmaster and Jaguar in the shop as they were badly messed with. Sold it four years later to fund a late '65 bound and dots Jazzmaster. Stupidly sold it a year later :fp:
Ebay entered my life. Bought a '61 body. The parts bug hit me big time. Was my main guitar for years. Bought a '65 body and another '61 body. Sadly the first '61 was stolen which inspired me to paint the other '61 body.
At the moment I am making a b&d neck for the '65 body.
Cheers, Luke