Colorado Calling!

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
pablomago
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Colorado Calling!

Post by pablomago » Wed May 10, 2017 6:08 pm

Hello, folks!

My first good guitar was a mid '60's Jazzmaster that I bought when the Strat I wanted got sold before I could buy it. It was a good guitar, but I never really bonded with it and traded it for a Les Paul.

On the first day of Spring I woke up and decided that I wanted to start a surf band. Within a week I bought a Fender '60's Lacquer Jaguar. I put flat wounds and a Staytrem arm and collet on it and I'm loving this guitar. It makes me play like I did when I was first learning guitar. It's more then a different sound, it's a different mindset. Now I'm thinking of the Jazzmaster from the same series when I get a little cash saved up.

As for my bio, I grew up in the SF Bay Area, went to school in Humboldt County, CA, also lived in Tempe and Tucson, AZ, Charlottesville, VA and presently Fort Collins, CO. I've played all kinds of music and toured as a sound engineer in the '80's. I currently play with The Colorado Green Band which plays country-blues and folk-rock with psychedelic overtones. I'll start the surf band when I get a few more tunes under my fingers.

frelonvert
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Colorado Calling!

Post by frelonvert » Wed May 10, 2017 10:49 pm

Welcome and good luck!
Surf music is a really enjoyable music to play and share with an audiance.
Take care the skons is evrywhere !