All my guitars/amps and pedals have been stolen

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
LPTyler
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: All my guitars/amps and pedals have been stolen

Post by LPTyler » Sun May 07, 2017 7:20 am

That sucks to hear about.

Keep your eyes open on Craig's list and eBay. You may see them turn up.

Your post makes me realize I need to update my homeowners insurance in case something bad happens here.

HNB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by HNB » Sun May 07, 2017 8:07 am

I know it isn't much, but I have a verbzilla you can have. PM me your address and I will ship it to you for free.
Christopher
Lilith Guitars

carron
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by carron » Sun May 07, 2017 4:20 pm

HNB wrote:I know it isn't much, but I have a verbzilla you can have. PM me your address and I will ship it to you for free.
Really?, that is just incredibly generous. I am lost for words.

The community in this website is the best.

I really like the sounds from a Verbzilla. I went through a lot of different reverb pedals and I still think it is one of the best, other than going for a strymon or eventide.

Let me pay for it something at least

jthomas
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jthomas » Sun May 07, 2017 4:31 pm

Vintage Guitar has a stolen equipment section. I might be helpful to post the info there.

HNB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by HNB » Sun May 07, 2017 5:48 pm

carron wrote:
HNB wrote:I know it isn't much, but I have a verbzilla you can have. PM me your address and I will ship it to you for free.
Really?, that is just incredibly generous. I am lost for words.

The community in this website is the best.

I really like the sounds from a Verbzilla. I went through a lot of different reverb pedals and I still think it is one of the best, other than going for a strymon or eventide.

Let me pay for it something at least
Naw I am not short for pedals and such. I would be happy to help out. I wish I had more of the things you lost or I would send those as well. I hope they can recover your things.
Christopher
Lilith Guitars

carron
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by carron » Sun May 07, 2017 6:43 pm

HNB wrote: Naw I am not short for pedals and such. I would be happy to help out. I wish I had more of the things you lost or I would send those as well. I hope they can recover your things.
Many thanks. Not all is lost with humanity after all... :)

Much appreciated!!

carron
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by carron » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:55 pm

Big update. I wrote a little linux program to search some of the typical places guitars would be sold, including ebay, reverb, craigslist, with just one search (it it a very rough program run from a linux command line, not a GUI) but it worked for one of my items, a tremolo handmade pedal I had built myself, very distinctive.

I found it online in a guitar store in Redondo Beach CA, I won't reveal the name here, about 1.5 hours drive from where I live. Then I found out they also had one of my guitars, the start, and my VOCAC15C1 amp. I could recognize it because of the mods that I had made. Unfortunately the guitar store sold the items already. This is troubling because California has a law that requires shop to hold items for 90 days after purchase before reselling them, exactly to have a chance to find out if they are stolen.

I even found out the name of the person that sold the items to the store (a small number of the items that were stolen from me unfortunately.

I called the police, gave them all of the information, driver license of the guy, phone, address (I found quite a lot of information myself) and they are still doing nothing... :fp: It seems that it may be complicated to recover items that a store bought and sold again.

I am waiting for the police to do their job.

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:22 pm

Great detective work. Hoping for the best for you.

egosheep
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by egosheep » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:31 pm

Hey, that's amazing news about the found items. Did the guitar shop have any name or credit card info for the person who bought your guitar?

Another thought, maybe call any pawn shops in between your town and where the guitar was found. Maybe a long shot but if it's recent maybe they will remember something.

carron
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by carron » Sun Jun 25, 2017 6:51 pm

egosheep wrote:Hey, that's amazing news about the found items. Did the guitar shop have any name or credit card info for the person who bought your guitar?

Another thought, maybe call any pawn shops in between your town and where the guitar was found. Maybe a long shot but if it's recent maybe they will remember something.
Yes, the store had all of the information about who sold it, I gave all of the info to the police, including his address, phone, driver's license and Facebook page.

However, the police said that if they confiscate the guitar and amp, I will probably have to wait more than a year for a judge in California to see the case and release it, so they suggested that I buy back the guitar and amp from the pawn shop for what they paid for it. The pawnshop does not want to take a loss.

Apparently, there are many cases like this. The police does not want to antagonize pawn shops because they solve crimes with their cooperation. In this case however I solved it myself.

I find it outrageous that I have to pay to recover my own property, as a result of the courts being so slow or perhaps inept. This confirms my notion that there is no justice in this country for the little guy. If you are rich you get justice.

I have known this for a while, but as an imigrant I have come to realize America unfortunately is not what it aspires to be. Perhaps someday it Will, and I will try to do my part as a good new citizen.

HNB
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by HNB » Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:55 am

I am really sorry that the cops aren't doing what they should. That is really disappointing. Back when CD's were a bigger thing, I had a big CD wallet with every CD I owned under my passenger seat in my car. It was stolen along with my car stereo and I saw prints on my door and window where they broke in, but the cops didn't want to bother getting those prints because there was no proof they were the thief's prints..... They wouldn't even check them. I was so frustrated and upset loosing all my music. I am glad you were able to at least find some of your things.
Christopher
Lilith Guitars

Singlebladepickup
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Singlebladepickup » Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:18 am

This reminds me of my friend who had his amp stolen. Somehow, the cops recovered it, but they refused to ever release it to him because it was "evidence". The case was never officially closed so he never got it back. On the plus side, my friend is a rich trust fund kid who never did anything to earn all the fancy gear he had, and the amp he lost was nothing compared to what he has now. I would sue the shop in small claims court if they sold before the 90 days, but i don't actually know if it would do anything. It may just convince the shop to take a loss and pay something, even if it didn't fully reimburse you.

samashsecurity
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by samashsecurity » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:10 am

carron wrote:
egosheep wrote:Hey, that's amazing news about the found items. Did the guitar shop have any name or credit card info for the person who bought your guitar?

Yes, the store had all of the information about who sold it, I gave all of the info to the police, including his address, phone, driver's license and Facebook page.

However, the police said that if they confiscate the guitar and amp, I will probably have to wait more than a year for a judge in California to see the case and release it, so they suggested that I buy back the guitar and amp from the pawn shop for what they paid for it. The pawnshop does not want to take a loss.

Apparently, there are many cases like this. The police does not want to antagonize pawn shops because they solve crimes with their cooperation. In this case however I solved it myself.

I find it outrageous that I have to pay to recover my own property, as a result of the courts being so slow or perhaps inept. This confirms my notion that there is no justice in this country for the little guy. If you are rich you get justice.

I have known this for a while, but as an imigrant I have come to realize America unfortunately is not what it aspires to be. Perhaps someday it Will, and I will try to do my part as a good new citizen.
Hi carron:

I have sent you two messages through this board's messaging system beginning May 26, but never got a reply. I also asked the Admins to send you a message June 5, but they were unable as the email they had on file was full.

I believe we have a guitar and a number of pedals that may belong to you. They are set aside to prevent sale. I was about to release the location to sell them since I hadn't heard from you, but I figured I would take another look at the board and I saw more recent postings.

Please reply privately so I can give you my contact information with the hope we can get some of your equipment back to you and show you there can be justice in some cases.....

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:09 pm

Can somebody sticky this?

samashsecurity
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by samashsecurity » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:12 am

samashsecurity wrote: Hi carron:

I have sent you two messages through this board's messaging system beginning May 26, but never got a reply. I also asked the Admins to send you a message June 5, but they were unable as the email they had on file was full.

I believe we have a guitar and a number of pedals that may belong to you. They are set aside to prevent sale. I was about to release the location to sell them since I hadn't heard from you, but I figured I would take another look at the board and I saw more recent postings.

Please reply privately so I can give you my contact information with the hope we can get some of your equipment back to you and show you there can be justice in some cases.....
It appears that either user carron has left the building or is not interested in any recovery. I have been trying to arrange return of some of the property reported as stolen since May, but it is now time to move on.

We tried......