Hey from Australia

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
lone_ganga
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hey from Australia

Post by lone_ganga » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:24 am

Hey all!

Long (and I mean long) time lurker and first time poster.
Got into offsets about 7 years ago as a bright faced lad going through the whole shoegaze thing, at round the same time getting myself a CIJ Jag in oly white with tort guard.
Soon after became the #1 fanboy of the late, great Rowland S. Howard, so was overjoyed to realise I had inadvertently bought pretty much the same guitar he had!
Anyways, 7 years later and a enthusiastic re-delving through RSH's discography, as well as Birthday Party, Bad Seeds etc. has reignited my obsession with in my opinion the most beautiful guitar ever made. I'm now thinking of starting a project to put together a AVRI spec jag with B&B neck to really cop Rowland's look haha. So here and keen to learn!

thegumbootman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hey from Australia

Post by thegumbootman » Thu Apr 06, 2017 7:56 am

Howdy. Welcome to the forum. Where in Australia are you from?

Of Rowland S Howard's work, I currently only have Teenage Snuff Film and I know the song Shivers. What should I check out next?

lone_ganga
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by lone_ganga » Fri Apr 07, 2017 10:13 pm

Currently based in Melb!

His second solo album Pop Crimes was very good. Also his earlier band These Immortal Souls are great too. A mix of his later restraint on the solo albums mixed with the frenetic energy of his Birthday Party career. Other than that he's done a lot of collab work... Also, produced HTRK's Marry Me Tonight, which is great.

Mainly I'd recommend the documentary made about him: Autoluminescent. Its fantastic!

thegumbootman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by thegumbootman » Sat Apr 08, 2017 4:54 am

lone_ganga wrote:Currently based in Melb!

His second solo album Pop Crimes was very good. Also his earlier band These Immortal Souls are great too. A mix of his later restraint on the solo albums mixed with the frenetic energy of his Birthday Party career. Other than that he's done a lot of collab work... Also, produced HTRK's Marry Me Tonight, which is great.

Mainly I'd recommend the documentary made about him: Autoluminescent. Its fantastic!
Thanks for the suggestions. I've seen most of Autoluminescent - I'll have to watch it fully sometime.

eggwheat
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by eggwheat » Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:43 am

Welcome :)