New member from Nashville with a '62 Jazzmaster

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
Ben127
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

New member from Nashville with a '62 Jazzmaster

Post by Ben127 » Mon Nov 07, 2016 10:58 am

Hey everybody, I just joined here as I'm getting more into Fender offsets these days. I'm a Gibson guy at heart and I mostly play in open E. My main guitar is a Dickey Betts Signature SG a '53 Les Paul routed for humbuckers as my number 2, but earlier this year I got a '62 slab board Jazzmaster that's mostly original besides a Danocaster refinish in black. I always loved the feel of Jazzmasters but never really thought they were a useable sound for me, but this one is so fat and thick sounding that it really holds it's own with my Gibsons. I love Fender amps and my main studio amp is a 1964 Fender Deluxe Reverb with a JBL D120F, but I never thought I'd own a pre-CBS Fender guitar.

Next on my list is a '64-'66 Mustang, hopefully in blue. I had a MIJ reissue when I was 10 and I started gigging on that guitar. Sold it once I got hooked on Gibsons since it wasn't the best guitar. But now that I know I like old Fenders, I'm on the hunt for a nice original blue Mustang that's affordable. I'll keep it in open D.

A little more about me: I'm 19, been gigging since I was 11. I grew up near Ft. Lauderdale, got my first full time gig with a Grateful Dead band called Crazy Fingers, then after high school I moved to Nashville and started my solo band called the Ben Sparaco Band which I've been really lucky to tour nationally with. It's a four piece jazz/southern rock kind of thing. Think Derek Trucks Band, Gov't Mule, etc. I got really into the Allman Brothers at a really young age and I've been very lucky to recently tour and sit in with a few of the members. I just finished up my debut record at The Bomb Shelter in Nashville (where Alabama Shakes recorded their first record) produced by the guy that did all the string arranging for Mumford and Sons on their record Babel. It's a shift for me towards the Americana/Folk Rock thing. Lots of Jazzmaster on it. That's coming out in January.

I'm looking forward to hanging out here and learning more about some of my new favorite guitars!

Ben Sparaco
http://bensparaco.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Re: New member from Nashville with a '62 Jazzmaster

Post by zhivago » Mon Nov 07, 2016 12:05 pm

Welcome Ben,

I remember you from the vintage section on the LPF. 8)

I am "zhivago" there as well :)
Resident Spartan.