Hi from Stockholm

New to the board? Start a post to tell us about yourself and/or learn more about our other members.
jagjaguar
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Hi from Stockholm

Post by jagjaguar » Sun Aug 14, 2016 1:25 pm

Hello OSG,

I've been reading a lot here on the forum during the summer, mostly about jaguar and jazzmaster projects (wow, my wife can't believe how many late hours it's been). Before the summer my Jag needed some love and it also got a brand new Mastery bridge installed on it. It came out great and then I started to dream a bit about giving it a new refinish and have been thinking about that since then. Finally I'm back home after after the vacation and will probably get a long with it in the next week or so.

Just for the record; I'm not the guy who dare to try to fix things on my guitars on my own. Too scared to mess up.

Here in Stockholm I've heard good things about a place called Ad Lib guitars concerning refin-jobs.

Perhaps i'll post a new topic about the Jag which has a bit of a personality when it comes to colour, but first I'll have to figure out how to post images.

edit:

Cheers!
/Jagjaguar

jagstang
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hi from Stockholm

Post by jagstang » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:30 am

looks good. just don't know, what to refinish 8)

jagjaguar
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Re: Hi from Stockholm

Post by jagjaguar » Mon Aug 15, 2016 4:50 am

Thanks!
Well, I know that many think it has it's own personal style and that it should stay in that way. I bought it in 1996 and though a lot of people have given me positive feedback about the finish since then i've always wanted something else. A old LPB, surf green etc.
I guess after 20 years I'm ready to take the step (or bail out...) :whistle: