Vic Mars - The Land & The Garden

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Vic Mars - The Land & The Garden

Post by Jaguar018 » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:14 am

Oh man that shit is cool. :?

I don't wear pins-- except for one-- and you'll like this Shadow-- it's a Hamilton Accies pin. :jacked:

But damn, those are so cool!!!!

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Wed Jan 20, 2016 9:50 am

Jaguar018 wrote:Oh man that shit is cool.

I don't wear pins-- except for one-- and you'll like this Shadow-- it's a Hamilton Accies pin.

But damn, those are so cool!!!!
It is pretty cool, Frances Castle is a brilliant illustrator. Your Hamilton Academicals pin is of course sub zero.

I might support Celtic but I'd never wear any of their merch shite but I do have a very old Queens Park tie stud on an old raincoat label. Queens Park are my local team and I go and see them as much as I can but not so much recently.. Watching QP is a weird experience since they play at the 50,000 capacity Hampden Park but only get 500 (actually Rangers are technically closer these days but they are...Evil :w00t: ).

D
Are you loathsome tonight?

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Thu May 25, 2017 10:59 am

FYI theres a Vic Mars elpee coming out on Polytechnic Youth 500 only called “The Consumer Programme'. THey have it up with the briliant first Listening Center album 'Example One' (listen) which is on vinyl for the first time.

Prices buying direct are fantastc at;

UK both LPs and post included £25
EU both LPs and post £27
REST OF WORLD both LPs and post £29

More info here and below.

Poly
Polytechnic Youth wrote:
here's the sales pitch should you need persuading, and thanks as ever guys, D|PY

PY29 VIC MARS “The Consumer Programme” LP (Pressing of 500; vinyl only on Polytechnic Youth

The first of two killer new LPs for Polytechnic Youth for June; First up is the follow up to 2015’s mighty “The Land and The Garden” (for Clay Pipe Music) from VIC MARS.

A magnificent full length, building handsomely on it’s esteemed predecessor’s huge acclaim; more utterly wonderful, occasionally playful analogue synth soundtracks, soundbites and tips of the hat especially, to the revered BBC Radiophonic Workshop output from 1968 onwards.

The record also offers nods to the revered work of Conrad Schnitzler, Klaus Schulze and Edgar Froese yet sounds utterly new and contemporary; and you feel that a love of 1970s Childrens’ TV themes looms large during it’s creation also.

Initially from Hereford, VIC MARS’ early releases were at first predominantly net based download affairs, however Japanese imprint “Symbolic Interaction” stepped in to release the magnificent “Kanransha” set, which in turn led to the Clay Pipe full length. He freely admits to there not being any particular concept to the album as such, here- but does point to the final track “A Hillman to Berlin” being a “nod to when my Dad took the family all over Germany in 1980 in a clapped out Hillman Avenger. Even going into East Germany, which even as a kid kid I could feel how weird/oppressive it was there, plus I had never seen guards etc with guns before!”

An absolute gem this one, in tasty reverse board sleeve and sure to go quick. A one time pressing of 500.

PY38 LISTENING CENTER “Example One” LP (first time on vinyl, 500 only on Polytechnic Youth)

Finally released on vinyl following a slew of acclaimed, instant sell out releases for both Polytechnic Youth and Ghost Box, comes the magnificent debut full length “Example One” from Brooklyn based LISTENING CENTER.

Initially released on cassette only via the “This is care of” imprint in 2012, the call for a vinyl release grew pretty intense for both artist and label so -here you go. Enjoy, it’s a beauty!

The set provided an introduction to the -then new- artist, and explored aspects of library music, kosmische musik, and lost soundtracks. Dusty analogue synths and drum machines, along with fragments of speech and field recordings provide a soundtrack as we clear a path through the undergrowth of memory.

The material was recorded in Brooklyn and mixed at This Is Care Of studio in 2011, and originally included “Titoli”, (released by Ghost Box as part of their 7” study series, paired with an epic remix “Town of Tomorrow Today” by Pye Corner Audio.)
This nigh on essential reissue -a first time on vinyl- via Polytechnic Youth, now affords us a another look through Listening Center’s retro-futuristic window, and is dressed as beautifully as it sounds; reverse board sleeves printed inside and out and released as a one time pressing of 500 only.
D

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Thu May 25, 2017 12:32 pm

Well....clearly missed this first time around, but it sounds right up my hedgerow (!)

I am beyond skint at the moment, but might have to scour the 'Bay and the 'scogs for a copy of that. You do sometimes find that after some time has elapsed following a feeding frenzy on a limited release they start to surface, often in minty condition.

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Thu May 25, 2017 12:35 pm

UlricvonCatalyst wrote:Well....clearly missed this first time around, but it sounds right up my hedgerow (!)

I am beyond skint at the moment, but might have to scour the 'Bay and the 'scogs for a copy of that. You do sometimes find that after some time has elapsed following a feeding frenzy on a limited release they start to surface, often in minty condition.
She re-pressed it with Hollyhocks on the cover. The original had foxgloves.

D

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Thu May 25, 2017 1:11 pm

shadowplay wrote:
UlricvonCatalyst wrote:Well....clearly missed this first time around, but it sounds right up my hedgerow (!)

She re-pressed it with Hollyhocks on the cover. The original had foxgloves.

D
Yeah, I realised that. Had a look, but all available copies are a bit more than I can stretch to just now....and I think I'd have to hold out for foxgloves!