The Revolutionary Army Of The Infant Jesus - New album

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: The Revolutionary Army Of The Infant Jesus - New album

Post by shadowplay » Thu Apr 30, 2020 8:39 pm

nanamour wrote:
Thu Apr 30, 2020 11:13 am
shadowplay wrote:
Tue Apr 28, 2020 7:07 am
I'll not bore you with a flowery ramble, I'm just going to cut to the chase and say that if anything gets above Songs of Yearning in my end of year it's going to be something spectacular because Songs of Yearning is a stunningly beautiful, moving, elegiac, romantic, mysterious and mesmerising album. It very much follows on from Beauty Will Save the World their comeback elpee of a few years ago (itself right at the summit of best of it's year) but it's more of a immersive experience, it flows, it's charming, it's got something about it.
Spectacularly beautiful, very much a worthy follow up of Beauty Will Save the World (one of my favorite albums of the last decade). Much respect for the way Revolutionary Army of the Infant Jesus continue to extend their tendrils of elegiac cryptoreligious romanticism into new sonic avenues with each record, very much the opposite of the crowdpleasing self-parody so many other bands box themselves into with later-day releases.

Shame the double decker with Nocturnes is so dear (especially when factoring in shipping across the pond); I'll probably just spring for the digital for now.

Edit: BTW, for anyone who is enjoying this, I see the entire RAOTIJ digital discography is on sale for £22.40/~USD$28/~CAD$39--that's a hot bargain if I ever saw one.
Agreed all round and like you I found the price of admission a little steep by ten pounds at least if it was two unrelated albums and probably closer to fifteen in this case. The ten over the top pinches a bit but I’m trying to file it as supportive patronage as opposed to gouging. To be honest the music is all that matters, you’ll get as much joy from the file.

I am so in agreement about the enigmatic appeal, it’s really interesting to try and work them out.

I can’t really express how much I’ve loved the last few days listening to this, so uplifting and nourishing for the spirit.

Funnily I was thinking you’d probably be this thread updates sole reply.

D
Are you loathsome tonight?