Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
Post Reply
User avatar
BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 4650
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:50 am
Location: Newfoundland

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Post by BoringPostcards » Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:07 pm

Don't know why I never thought of posting this, but here's my band's cover of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young's "Ohio" back 5 or 6 years ago (maybe longer). All parts recorded and performed by my longtime bandmate and current housemate Christoffer Nelson of Winnipeg, besides the leads which is me, myself and I.
Rhythm is open tuning (GACFGD, I think), yet captures the tone and feel of the original riff. Squier Jagmaster.


A Band Called Country - Ohio CSNY
"Can you please pass me a jug of winter light?" - Lee Ranaldo 2000
Det er mig der holder træerne sammen.

Harmoncj
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 113
Joined: Sun May 13, 2012 9:13 am

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Post by Harmoncj » Sun Nov 19, 2017 9:05 am

Image
free download codes you can redeem @ http://bit.ly/2zS5pkd
pmry-u3av
rrmn-v4f8
jv27-efgm
7bmv-3af6
vdb8-hnek

User avatar
johnnysomersett
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1650
Joined: Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:33 pm
Location: South of London, England

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Post by johnnysomersett » Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:00 pm

My miserable band released a miserable Christmas song yesterday...

https://mopernoise.bandcamp.com/album/c ... -cancelled

Image
Silly Rabbit, don't you know scooped mids are for kids?
My band: mopernoise.bandcamp.com

User avatar
Logrinn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:08 am
Location: Sweden

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Post by Logrinn » Sun Dec 03, 2017 1:18 am

I like it. Sounds Black Sabbath-ish in my book.
\m/ \m/

User avatar
marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2727
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:37 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Post by marqueemoon » Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:24 pm

My band has a song on the upcoming Ball of Wax 50. I had fun badly imitating Johnny Marr on this one.

http://ballofwax.org/2017/12/ball-of-wa ... ens-stays/

User avatar
dezb1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Glasgow

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Post by dezb1 » Wed Dec 06, 2017 5:19 pm

A couple of you guys asked me to let you know when the cassette of our EP was released.

Image

On sale today here:

Ltd edition cassette release of our EP
http://pinkdolphinmusic.com/album/ep3

User avatar
windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2565
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:31 am
Location: South Eastern Australia

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Post by windmill » Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:30 pm

That sounds good

dug
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 8303
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2008 3:24 pm
Location: Tennessee
Contact:

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Post by dug » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:05 am

I have a new group. It seems I'm in a different one every few years. We're currently in the studio working on our e.p.

We did a cover of Ain't no sunshine, you can hear it on youtube.
https://youtu.be/PEQwAyYNciQ

You can hear our acoustic demo on soundcloud.
https://soundcloud.com/user-126796009/bird-song

User avatar
dezb1
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 562
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 5:20 am
Location: Glasgow

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Post by dezb1 » Thu Dec 07, 2017 2:34 pm

windmill wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 8:30 pm
That sounds good
If this was in response to my post, cheers. If not point me at what it was directed at as I like good sounds...

User avatar
jakeisjake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 5429
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:39 am
Location: i am the OGRE kukukachu, vermont
Contact:

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Post by jakeisjake » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:33 am

BoringPostcards wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:07 pm
Don't know why I never thought of posting this, but here's my band's cover of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young's "Ohio" back 5 or 6 years ago (maybe longer). All parts recorded and performed by my longtime bandmate and current housemate Christoffer Nelson of Winnipeg, besides the leads which is me, myself and I.
Rhythm is open tuning (GACFGD, I think), yet captures the tone and feel of the original riff. Squier Jagmaster.


A Band Called Country - Ohio CSNY
that's good!
Buying another guitar will not make me a better guitar player.

User avatar
jakeisjake
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 5429
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 8:39 am
Location: i am the OGRE kukukachu, vermont
Contact:

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Post by jakeisjake » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:42 am

marqueemoon wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:24 pm
My band has a song on the upcoming Ball of Wax 50. I had fun badly imitating Johnny Marr on this one.

http://ballofwax.org/2017/12/ball-of-wa ... ens-stays/
that's a nice little song there...i listened to it a few times. :)

is this you guys, too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9tymKttPJw
Buying another guitar will not make me a better guitar player.

User avatar
marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2727
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:37 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Post by marqueemoon » Sun Dec 17, 2017 7:08 am

jakeisjake wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:42 am
marqueemoon wrote:
Mon Dec 04, 2017 3:24 pm
My band has a song on the upcoming Ball of Wax 50. I had fun badly imitating Johnny Marr on this one.

http://ballofwax.org/2017/12/ball-of-wa ... ens-stays/
that's a nice little song there...i listened to it a few times. :)

is this you guys, too?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i9tymKttPJw
Thanks! Yes that's us. Also on bandcamp.

User avatar
BoringPostcards
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 4650
Joined: Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:50 am
Location: Newfoundland

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Post by BoringPostcards » Wed Dec 20, 2017 2:09 pm

jakeisjake wrote:
Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:33 am
BoringPostcards wrote:
Wed Nov 15, 2017 2:07 pm
Don't know why I never thought of posting this, but here's my band's cover of Crosby, Stills, Nash and Young's "Ohio" back 5 or 6 years ago (maybe longer). All parts recorded and performed by my longtime bandmate and current housemate Christoffer Nelson of Winnipeg, besides the leads which is me, myself and I.
Rhythm is open tuning (GACFGD, I think), yet captures the tone and feel of the original riff. Squier Jagmaster.


A Band Called Country - Ohio CSNY
that's good!
Thank you.
Fun fact: It's faster tempo but the same length as the original.

Here's a solo piece: https://soundcloud.com/zenjenga/noted-for-posterity
"Can you please pass me a jug of winter light?" - Lee Ranaldo 2000
Det er mig der holder træerne sammen.

User avatar
Trout
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:32 am
Location: Sweden

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Post by Trout » Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:28 pm

Couple of new songs up for listening. Comments are fun and good too 🤓.

https://soundcloud.com/oldguywithaview/men-destroy-boys
#sitdownrock found at https://soundcloud.com/oldguywithaview

User avatar
NICQ
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 652
Joined: Tue Dec 10, 2013 12:49 am
Location: Vienna, Austria

Re: The OffsetGuitars Forum Members Music Catalogue / You make music ? Post a link !

Post by NICQ » Fri Jan 12, 2018 12:53 am

johnnysomersett wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:00 pm
My miserable band released a miserable Christmas song yesterday...

https://mopernoise.bandcamp.com/album/c ... -cancelled
I really liked that! reminded me of slint somehow
Distortion is great & has the right amount of edge (love the palm mutes)

Post Reply