Re: The bands / scenes that you just hate, hate, hate!

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
Who Ran The Iron Horse?
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Who Ran The Iron Horse? » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:33 pm

MARS FUCKING VOLTA.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH.

I'm  done.
Don't you know that's sinful boy?

Naturality
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Naturality » Sun Mar 11, 2007 11:52 pm

mezcalhead wrote: There's nothing new under the sun, as they say ..

But Adam Ant isn't in that category because he actually had some kind of musical ability. Plus he made catchy music.

*fades into distance singing "Prince Charming, Prince Charming......."*

chrisjedijane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by chrisjedijane » Mon Mar 12, 2007 1:26 am

re: the horrors...

can anyone say "the cramps"?

To me, the horrors sound like a poor man's early My Bloody Valentine (y'know, when MBV just ripped off the Cramps). If they werent on every single page of NME every bloody week and didn't have such painfully "aware" haircuts, I'd probably like them. but no.
"we lack the motion to move to the new beat"

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:04 am

:D They are very Crampsy, with a bit of The Fall & maybe a tad of MBV. I've stopped reading the NME. Its far too biased, but I have noticed they made the front cover. I just like what they're doing. Everyone else is either Emo or PostPunk (I'm not one for pigeon-holing either but I'm not gonna reel off a load of band names).

I guess I like what the Horrors are doing, bringing back that old Garage-Punk vibe. Still, I kinda hope it doesn't catch on!!
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

fuzzking
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by fuzzking » Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:29 am

Tweez wrote: Red Hot Chili Peppers
:k :k :k :k

M
Nobody exists on purpose.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:27 am

Naturality wrote: But Adam Ant isn't in that category because he actually had some kind of musical ability. Plus he made catchy music.
All I really meant was that this look:
mjet260 wrote: Image
had already been done.

[edit to add other meandering thoughts]

As I think I've said before, the first couple of times I saw My Chem R videos I thought it was a subtle pisstake .. then I realized that MTV doesn't really do pisstakes, and it certainly doesn't do subtle, and that the joke was on me.

I thought the same thing about Daniel Bedingfield at first too .. guy sounds like Prince, looks like someone who just had a dishonourable discharge from the Marines, excellent visual joke .. oh wait, he's serious.

:(
Last edited by mezcalhead on Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

luau
Admin
Admin

Post by luau » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:56 am

FUZZ_KING wrote:
Tweez wrote: Red Hot Chili Peppers
:k :k :k :k

M
I'd have to agree although it's more disappointment with me. When Mother's Milk came out, the writing was on the wall and it sure got worse from there. I still give the old stuff a listen once in a great while, usually along with Fishbone's Truth & Soul. Which leads to more disappointment.
Bigger in sum than parts.

mjet
Expat
Expat

Post by mjet » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:32 am

Tomorrow's NME hipsters:

Or this one:

"You eventually learn that true priorities are like arms; if you think you have more than a couple, you're either lying or crazy."

John Taverna
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by John Taverna » Mon Mar 12, 2007 6:30 am

oh my!
::)

Pumpkin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pumpkin » Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:25 pm

I hate bands that admit there in a certain scene,I'm not in any scene because i like to think my music is original enough to not be dumped in with the other scenes!Scenes suck,so do the people that are in them!

Why cant a band just be a band?
Why does it always need  to fit certain criteria to be categorized?

I say fuck it,if people don't like what i play then thats fine,if they do they do,it doesn't need to go any further than that.

Rock,alternative etc etc its all the same,you have the snobs and the outcasts with in each and every scene,even the punks (GG Allin punk,not bad religion shit!)that hate conforming to societies rules require you to fit criteria (conform to the un-conformed!) to be classed as a punk(ooh,your jackets too new! ),which is stupid.I was in the punk scene heavily and its so stuck up and snobbish,so is the alternative and death metal scenes.

Fuck Scenes!!!

(As you can probly tell i hate scenes A LOT)

RumorsOFsurF
Mods
Mods

Post by RumorsOFsurF » Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:53 pm

StevenO wrote: You know, the strange thing about My Chemical Romance is that when they were really big a few years ago, I thought to myself "man, popular music can't get any worse" and then when I heard Panic At The Disco and Fall Out Boy, I thought "okay, popular music can't get any worse then this" and then I heard My Chemical Romance again and I thought "well compared to Panic and Fall Out Boy, they're not so bad".

::)
Yep...  I also can't stand the people who listen to that garbage, yet have the gall to walk around wearing Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Journey...etc etc shirts.  When you ask them about the band on their shirt, they couldn't name one song, yet they know the latest Panic at the Dildo single.

Oh, and how could I forget...  99.9% of rap.  The main beef I have with rap is the suburban kids and 30 year olds who drive around listening to it, thinking they are tough. :-X :-X :k
Damn kids, get off my lawn!

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:24 pm

The whole concept of scenes is a funny one.

As I mentioned above I can't stand pigeon-holing, nor can I stand the pretentiousness behind many of the scenes out there. 15 years ago, however, I would have been different. Getting into the whole early Grunge "scene" was a saviour for me. Everyone was into awful chart pop produced by the likes of Stock, Aitkin & Waterman. The undergroung guitar scene back then gave me a sense of belonging rather than alienation. There was only a handful of us into it & it became special. There was no "whats he doing here dressed so straight" or "GOD, you mean you've never heard of Tad!!".

Its only when the mainstream money-hungry media get their claws into a new music movement that scenes occur. Easy ways of categorizing everything. Putting things in little boxes.

I guess I'm saying that when you're young & looking for a bit of direction a scene can help. Unfortunately they're all a lot larger, fickle & opinionated these days!!
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

luau
Admin
Admin

Post by luau » Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:31 pm

RumorsOFsurF wrote: Journey
You make me weeeeeeee-eeee-eeeep and wanna die ...

Why you gotta do that to me?

;)
Bigger in sum than parts.

eggwheat
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by eggwheat » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:39 am

the fratellis (i almost puked then) panic at the disco, fall out boy( a galaxy away from iggy's original vision or rock n roll) loads more but it's making me ill thinking of them

Tweez
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Tweez » Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:13 am

eggwheat wrote: the fratellis (i almost puked then) panic at the disco, fall out boy( a galaxy away from iggy's original vision or rock n roll) loads more but it's making me ill thinking of them
+1, this whole pop-rock scene NME have dubbed as indie makes me want to punch babies.