Song of the Day Thread

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
Post Reply
User avatar
Bert Camenbert
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 741
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:20 am
Location: Fucking, Upper Austria

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by Bert Camenbert » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:37 am


User avatar
shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 25498
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Glasgow. Scotland
Contact:

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by shadowplay » Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:58 am

I thought that elpee he did last year with Emiliana Torrini 'Music To Draw To: Satellite' was astonishingly beautiful. Her voice is gorgeous.

Kid Koala - Collapser feat. Emilíana Torrini

D
I like that old time rock 'n' roll, don't try to take me to a disco.

User avatar
windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2721
Joined: Fri Dec 21, 2007 4:31 am
Location: South Eastern Australia

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by windmill » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:18 am


User avatar
dc
Expat
Expat
Posts: 1927
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: seattle

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by dc » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:33 am

Bert Camenbert wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:34 am
Love Battery - Out of Focus
yes! i'll see your Love Battery and raise you some Room Nine, "Don't Look Back." really wish someone would reissue this album, but it's probably lost to time:

Room Nine – Voices ... of a Summer Day
in this land / right now / some are insane / and they're in charge

User avatar
Bert Camenbert
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 741
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:20 am
Location: Fucking, Upper Austria

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by Bert Camenbert » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:48 am

shadowplay wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:58 am
I thought that elpee he did last year with Emiliana Torrini 'Music To Draw To: Satellite' was astonishingly beautiful. Her voice is gorgeous.

Kid Koala - Collapser feat. Emilíana Torrini

D
That record came as a surprise to me: I was expecting more of his usual whimsical cut-and-paste turntable music, and instead I got served ambient pop with singing. At first, I was a bit reluctant to go along, but I'm starting to get into it. By the way, in case you don't know, there's a new Music to Draw To record out. This one is Music To Draw To: Io. I still haven't heard it, so I can't comment.

User avatar
Bert Camenbert
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 741
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:20 am
Location: Fucking, Upper Austria

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by Bert Camenbert » Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:49 am

windmill wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:18 am
The Groundhogs-Garden (Leeds Live 1971)


just spreading the word
In my opinion, Thank Christ for the Bomb is a great record.

User avatar
shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 25498
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Glasgow. Scotland
Contact:

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by shadowplay » Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:21 pm

Bert Camenbert wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 6:48 am
shadowplay wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 5:58 am
I thought that elpee he did last year with Emiliana Torrini 'Music To Draw To: Satellite' was astonishingly beautiful. Her voice is gorgeous.

Kid Koala - Collapser feat. Emilíana Torrini

D
That record came as a surprise to me: I was expecting more of his usual whimsical cut-and-paste turntable music, and instead I got served ambient pop with singing. At first, I was a bit reluctant to go along, but I'm starting to get into it. By the way, in case you don't know, there's a new Music to Draw To record out. This one is Music To Draw To: Io. I still haven't heard it, so I can't comment.
Yeah I bought it but don't think Trixie Whitley compares favourably with Emilina Torrini, not even in the same galaxy. I'll have to go back and give it another listen but it's a bit of a fence to get over.

D
I like that old time rock 'n' roll, don't try to take me to a disco.

User avatar
Flurko
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 409
Joined: Sun Oct 05, 2008 8:05 am
Location: Strasbourg, France
Contact:

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by Flurko » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:34 pm

I love Cheval de Frise.
You should check out what Thomas Bonvalet (guitar player in cdf) does these days, under his own name and the moniker L'Ocelle Mare. He's also in the band Powerdove and often plays with the band Arlt.
(Can't add links on my phone, sorry)

User avatar
Bert Camenbert
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 741
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:20 am
Location: Fucking, Upper Austria

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by Bert Camenbert » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:09 am

Flurko wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:34 pm
I love Cheval de Frise.
You should check out what Thomas Bonvalet (guitar player in cdf) does these days, under his own name and the moniker L'Ocelle Mare. He's also in the band Powerdove and often plays with the band Arlt.
(Can't add links on my phone, sorry)
Merci pour ta suggestion! Je vais vérifier ça.

User avatar
Bert Camenbert
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 741
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:20 am
Location: Fucking, Upper Austria

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by Bert Camenbert » Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:11 am


User avatar
Bert Camenbert
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 741
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:20 am
Location: Fucking, Upper Austria

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by Bert Camenbert » Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:38 am


User avatar
Bert Camenbert
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 741
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:20 am
Location: Fucking, Upper Austria

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by Bert Camenbert » Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:54 am

João Gilberto & Stan Getz - Águas de Março

R.I.P. João Gilberto

I like this version a lot more: Elis Regina - Águas de Março

User avatar
scottT
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2426
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:39 am

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by scottT » Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:28 am

fakeplasticdreams wrote:
Thu Feb 06, 2014 7:50 pm
not sure if this is a polish band or they;re from somewhere else. but quite a cracking tune

Belgrado - Jeszcze Raz

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMtx8mizzck" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I just discovered Belgrado and am a little surprised there isn't more mention of them. I'm checking out their latest, Obraz. Still guitar based post-punk but some dub experimentation.

1000 Spektakli

User avatar
Bert Camenbert
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 741
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:20 am
Location: Fucking, Upper Austria

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by Bert Camenbert » Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:51 am


User avatar
panoramic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 15647
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:09 pm
Location: baltimore, md.

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by panoramic » Tue Jul 09, 2019 5:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeB0fxqzGHQ

Pandoras It's about time psych/punk 60's
i used to be cool

Post Reply