Song of the Day Thread

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by shadowplay » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:26 pm

Holger Czukay - Dark Moon this seems appropriate. I guess most folk will always remember Holger for Can and I'm sure most of the obituaries will concentrate on that period but his music after Can is just as important to me.

D
Are you loathsome tonight?

windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by windmill » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:19 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fIh5xRJv1S4

The Models - Unhappy

"Come on Sean, make me unhappy"

:)

windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by windmill » Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:31 pm

Whiny Minotaur
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Whiny Minotaur » Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:21 pm

Saram12Saram - Raindrop, Cloud, Typhoon and the Sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPMy08gFm3s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
soundcloud.com/kkamaguicrow

windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by windmill » Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:29 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTYgrQMCIzA

Man or Astro Man? - Escape Throught the Air Vent

antisymmetric
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by antisymmetric » Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:04 am

Watching the corners turn corners

windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by windmill » Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:08 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OdHJIh7ycT4

William Tyler - Highway Anxiety

windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by windmill » Thu Sep 21, 2017 10:40 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CeS6pVkQePY

Bleeding Hearts - Hit Single

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Tue Sep 26, 2017 4:37 am

NickD wrote: Yes - last Friday in fact. Bought from my local shop who had got it in stock that day.

They should really send out pre-orders first, then send them to record shops.
Yeah, you'd think. I bought it at Boomkat like three months ago and they say the 10th Nov, so I ended up going and buying another from juno.

Anyway....it's been a while but I've ten minutes...

Starting out underneath the strob-a-light as someone once sung...

The Detox Twins - I'm not available HOT! Only 111 lathe copies and sold in a flash but much prized at the cursed House of Shadowplay.

Cute Heels - Silence Complot I was carrying stuff for my kid's night at the weekend and found it pretty hard to not embarass them by getting up for this, after all it's my record.

Sumerian Fleet - Still Walkingmuch of this record is hilariously fun goth EBM that comes on like Klinik crossed with the Sisterhood or (whisper it) A Split Second (kids this video isn't a spoof - MAMBO WITCH!, playing this out means taking two copies into the shower due to the call the UN guitar solo). However this is of course more in the Giving Ground area.

Sumerian Fleet - This Game Has No Name this track has been floating about since Andrew Eldrich was a boy, originally by FFF (Florence Foster Fanclub) which is pretty much Sumerian Fleet anyway and in this case remixed to fit the rest of the album.

Btw is you don't know it, do yourself a favour and check out SF member Alden Tyrell's Tyrell Corporation song 'Together Alone', it's an absolute dark disko classic.

JASSS - Every Fish in the Pond mean eyed horror EBM, rides on a riddum that reminds me of Hazel.

The JASSS single on 12' on Mannequin is also a total killer with it's SO ME electrobilly goes Annie Anxiety shtick but this record is a step up in atmosphere and execution.

F ingers - Your Confused revisited from earlier cassete but just MAGNIFICENT, beautiful and queasily disorientating ghost dub to wobble your capstans. A must buy.

Jane Weaver + Virginia Wing - It starts Again really great cover of the fantastic Suzanne Menzel original. It's on a single sided 12' split with Noveller and Death & Vanilla called Lost Library Vol 1. Incidentally all the young witches in my home coven LOVE the Virginia Wing elpee.

Folklore Tapes - The Folklore of Plants Vol. I no individual tracks to post but take my word for it, it's a superb release and will provide a delightful hour of multi media reading and listening.

Ruede Hagelstein - Footprints feat. C.A.R. the rest of this record isn't amazing but this is.

The Neon Judgement - TV Treated (Dave Clarke Gothic Remix) the original is an all time classic that I've shook my coconuts to more times than I care to admit but this brings enough to keep the party going.

Gazelle Twin - Metro beautufully unsettling

Ennio Morricone - Dies Irae Psichedelico one of those tracks that get most anyone on their feet, it might be a requium but the dancefloor is still alive.

Lifetones - Good Side I've been re-riding the joyous riddums of this stone classic over the summer.
one of those lost classics

Zola Jesus - Wiseblood Middle wee Shadowplay is obsessed with Nika but I sense it's going over the hump now, since she's only played this lots instead of constantly. I've not actually played this record myself but I have heard it SO many times, including a fairly memorable drive on the day it came out where we hammered up the Argyll Coastal route in a car with a mighty stereo absolutely blasting it at levels that had old man me begging ENOUGH!

Zola Jesus - Remains

Annabel (lee) - Paris, Room 14 (Live Version) beautifully honeyed bossa nova flutter (live version whih sounds not unlike the reorded version)

Céline - Open one of those great songs few folk know.

Gilroy Mere - The Green Line incredibly evocative and beautiful record and just exquisitely packaged and realised by Clay Pipe. Non spotify links to fivesongs here. Interestingly, it has a wee bit on the equipment used on the sleeve.

Cloclan - Cannon Rock, '72 Mrs S had played this to DEATH since she got it. She's a Boards of Canada superfan and this is probably the next best thing. Really beautiful and captivating record.

D

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:58 am

This kind of music generally isn't my thing but there are always exceptions.

I heard this track at a friend's house, probably over 15 years ago, and remember how fantastic & hilarious the lyrics were. I've been hunting it down ever since & it finally showed up on YouTube this year. The track tends to have more relevance to Brits in their late 30's or above but , to be honest, there's something for everyone!

Blak Twang - Don't Test

I felt compelled to write down the lyrics but struggled to string them all together so instead, here's a selection of choice lines...

I’m the rude boy raga with the B boy swagger,
Don’t take the Mick Jagger with your big lip blabba,
For ever bad man there’s a nutter that’s badder….

…..My Senegalese peeps in Dakkah, the Zambia.
Yoots in Lusaka, B boy ninjas in Osaka….

….Big hairy brothers make noise like chewbacca,..
…Zulu like bambata, spear-chucks badman robbin’ the hijacker…..

…..Don’t take a chance & test, this ain’t ABBA.
No flabba-labba running commentary like Tony Gubba.
It’s a funny old game, it makes you ball like Gazza…..

:-* ;D :-*
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Wed Sep 27, 2017 6:29 am

Keine Ahnung - Plastik (C'est Chic)already had this but it was a bit noisy so I bought the reissue just out on Dark Entries. An absulute banger as some of the kids say. This used to be a favourite of mine back when I played the odd fetish night.

Flesh & Fell - The Hunger (Club Mix) kids have been playing this out, it walks a quite fine line between typical goth nonsense and being good to dance to. I think I only bought it because they were Belgian and at the time that possibly meant something, that and the fact that it cost 50p. As my youngest is wont to say; 'loafer goth'

Cumbia Moderna de Soledad - Shacalao 100% Columbian! I am SO out my depth in these waters but my mate Alan gave me a few singles for my birthday a while back and I love this and the power of it's mystically mighty repetition.

Vital Idles - The Garden kinda Cherry Red sort of local affair on seven inch.

2VM ‎– Placita the totally superb Kiss the Floor single had me digging this out. It sounds really like Xeno And Oaklander but still it's own thing too.

D

zulash
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by zulash » Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:07 am

One of the biggest songs to come from 2017 was Cardi B's "Bodak Yellow" which has recently received the Janet Jackson stamp of approval after the iconic singer performed the track during her recent State of the World Tour stop. As Cardi's hit inches closer to the No. 1 spot on the Billboard Hot 100 -- it currently resides at No. 2 -- Kodak Black is looking to hop on the success of the Bronx MC's hit and provide his own remix to summer anthem.

In a video posted by DJ Akademiks, Black is heard talking over the "Bodak Yellow" beat saying, "This sound like some Bodak Orange, some Kodak Orange poo," which could possibly be the title of the upcoming remix.

Cardi's now-inescapable hit was inspired by Black's 2014 track "No Flockin," as she revealed speaking to MTV News earlier this year.

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:29 pm

World Domination Enterprises - Asbestos Lead Asbestos (Heavy Polution Mix)i having a lovely sleep on the couch earlier when some terrible children woke me with this. :D

World Domination Enterprises - Asbestos Lead Asbestos single

The 012 - Asbestos Lead Asbestos

They Must Be Russians - Nagasaki's Children still sounds utterly incredible, obviously has Cabaret Voltaire all over it but just filled with hollowed out minimal dread.

D

Mike S
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Mike S » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:48 pm

NickD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by NickD » Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:13 pm

Midori Takada & Masahiko Satoh - Ancient Palace https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5-XIH8vejA