Song of the Day Thread

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Song of the Day Thread

Post by shadowplay » Tue Jan 09, 2018 6:59 am

Lindstrøm - Bungl (Like A Ghost) feat. Jenny Hval Jenny's become thee Queen of cameo, seemingly popping up everywhere with immense contibutions.

Lindstrøm - Under Trees an absolute banger.

The Heartwood Institute - Diana loving this album.

The Gentleman Losers - Night Falls in Nowhereland this whole record is a masterpiece of gorgeous honeyed tones.

D
Are you loathsome tonight?

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:40 am

Glass Candy - I Always Say Yes I already had this but I couldn't resist the tweaked reissue in it's gorgeous fresh sleeve. Utterly masterful Italio to dance the wee small hours away to with your honey or cruise the motorway of your imagination in a Citroen SM.

All the press goes to The Chromatics but I pine terribly for a new Glass Candy album.

D

windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by windmill » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:41 am

Status Quo - Paper Plane

Offset content- Mustang bass

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:46 am

Beautify Junkyards - Aquarius first bloom from the forthcoming new Beautify Junkyards album 'The Invisible World of...Beautify Junkyards' on Ghost Box. I can't find a full link to post , so you'll have to make do with Bleep where I bought it.

Some clips of the rest of the record on the Ghost Box Soundcloud.

D

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:09 am

shadowplay wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 3:46 am
Beautify Junkyards - Aquarius first bloom from the forthcoming new Beautify Junkyards album 'The Invisible World of...Beautify Junkyards' on Ghost Box. I can't find a full link to post , so you'll have to make do with Bleep where I bought it.

Some clips of the rest of the record on the Ghost Box Soundcloud.

D
Ach, you really got my hopes up there, but I find short clips more frustrating than edifying. Nice to see my favourite contemporary band (probably) celebrating my star-sign though.

Do you think there's any possibility pre-orders for their LP will be such that I can't just buy it in Monorail when it comes out?

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Tue Jan 16, 2018 3:47 am

UlricvonCatalyst wrote:
Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:09 am

Do you think there's any possibility pre-orders for their LP will be such that I can't just buy it in Monorail when it comes out?
I think you'll be fine on that, they are pressing a lot more these days. I think there's only a real franzy when it's The Advisory Circle, even the Other Voices singles aren't selling out in flash like the Study series ones did.

Years of Denial - We Operate On Each Other I adored Years of Denial's Blood Debts album from last year and this is right up my street with it's Euro dominatrix delivery and martial assualt on the Techno Industrial complex.

Years Of Denial & Alexey Volkov - Confess more lipcurling stilletoed industrial tech peppered with a delicious scouring slurp sound like a poltergeist getting fed into a blender.

Gulp - Morning Velvet Sky

Gulp - Morning Velvet Sky (Richard Norris Remix )

Mashrou’ Leila - Djin (Jonny Rock Remix) terrible made up ethnic dancing was going down in the Shadowplay souk when this was on. It was so bad the cat's left the room.

Mashrou’ Leila - Djin (Jonny Rock Dub)

Sudan Archives - Come Meh Way really quirky and playful dubbed out north African style r&b or whatever it is. She's got an interesting soundworld given she's a violinist but for some reason I think this is probably going to always be my favourite thing she does, if she follows the usual path and gets more produced. I'll probably go off this quickly but she's quite interesting live with the looping and fiddle; Sudan Archives - Queen Kunta. In some ways it's not unlike Colleen.

Andrea Parker - The Rocking Chair I was poking round the P's (oh matron!) and pulled this out after a long period of not hearing it.

D

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Wed Jan 17, 2018 7:29 am

Pye Corner Audio - Resist some lovely lo-beam acid

Pye Corner Audio - Continental Drift luminous, drifting slow burner

Moon Duo - Jukebox Babe i bought this thinking it was probably a bit unneccesary but half a minute in me n' the kids were totally doin' the slosh to it. The Bee is cover of No Fun that is indeed a bit unnecessary, sounding like Hawkwind covering the Stooges.

D

windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by windmill » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:47 pm

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:50 am

Red Axes - Vego Gam bossasupernova

D

windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by windmill » Sat Jan 20, 2018 3:24 pm

WORLD ORDER -SINGULARITY

It's not the song its the video

:)

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:53 am

Capri-Batterie - The Last Holiday

Don't give up the day job, Stew!

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:58 am

This also came up on my Youtube 'recommended for you' stream. Not sure why or how, but it sounds pretty good to me, which is annoying, because Ulric 0, Corporate Algorithm 1.

Helicon - Ring the Albanian (Demo)

Edit: I see the uploader is also responsible for those Tomorrow Syndicate videos I was streaming last week or thereabouts.

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:04 am

UlricvonCatalyst wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:58 am
This also came up on my Youtube 'recommended for you' stream. Not sure why or how, but it sounds pretty good to me, which is annoying, because Ulric 0, Corporate Algorithm 1.

Helicon - Ring the Albanian (Demo)

That's pretty good, shame the album version is a bit too rocky for me, as is everything I've heard by them.

Moon Duo - No Fun Why I said this sounded like Hawkwind is anyones guess. I think I was in the kitchen when it was on in another room. It's more loping Velveteen than that.

Circuit Breaker - Alert Circuit Breaker return much more polished and friendly than previous Circuit Break records but that's in relative terms, as a lot of it sounds like an updated version of Thomas Leer's 78' tracks. This track reminds me of Artery, which is never a bad thing. Tar stained industrial post punk.

Circuit Breaker - Hands Return

Madonna - Frozen i recently read that Madge is a 'toxic' figure for millennials, to which I say, she could never be more toxic than the sort of plum that takes photos of their food. Even a depleted madge is a million times more interesting than fucking Taylor Swift, who could live to a thousand and never get within a light year of Hung Up. Reading this had me pulling out Ray of Light and totally hammering Hung Up and Get Together. It's a wig it's got peak Madonnahair in the Frozen video.

Madonna - Drowned World/Substitute For Love

Madonna - Ray Of Light

Madonna - Hung Up :-* simply a killer dancefloor weapon

Madonna - Get Together

I keep wishing Madge would go crawling to Johnny Jewel, record a killer 4 track EP and with a raised finger and some inappropriate attire, retire.

Penelope Trappes- Carol of the Bells At the risk of this thread becoming infested by tree sprites due to me keep my tree up longer than 12th night....it's better late then never for me, for a good cause and it's a gorgoes version all the way to the spiritworld and back. Her album 'Penelope One' was one of my very favourite from last year.

Penelope is of course in the wondrous Golden Filter and I just got this.

The Golden Filter - End of Times (Golden dub) slow, ice cold and syruppy it's like it's been the the freezer with the vodka.

D
Last edited by shadowplay on Tue Jan 23, 2018 6:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

UlricvonCatalyst
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by UlricvonCatalyst » Mon Jan 22, 2018 8:16 am

shadowplay wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:04 am
i recently read that Madge is a 'toxic' figure for millennials, to which I say, she could never be more toxic than the sort of plum that takes photos of their food. Even a depleted madge is a million times more interesting than fucking Taylor Swift, who could live to a thousand and never get within a light year of Hung Up. Reading this had me pulling out Ray of Light and totally hammering Hung Up and Get Together. It's a wig it's got peak Madonnahair in the Frozen video.

Madge's William Orbit period was a highlight, for sure. That guy even made Katie Melua sound good for a nanosecond or two, and that's saying something.

windmill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by windmill » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:36 pm

Jean-Paul Sartre Experience - Into You

Mustang content

....And is that a Gibson ES125 ?

:)