bob hund

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

bob hund

Post by mynameisjonas » Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:39 am

this is a swedish band that i started listening to when i was about 13 years old. they are possibly the weirdest group of people ever to form a band. two of them look like...retarded... apes, one of them has got a wooden leg, one of them is extremely hyperactive and the remaining two are just generally weird.
their music is very eclectic, constantly going from one extreme to another, but at the same time it´s very melodic and easy to embrace. the lyrics are in swedish, more specifically skånska, which is the most extreme swedish dialect, which has always been regarded unsuitable for singing. vintage guitars (including quite a few offsets), amps and syntheseizers has always been a big part of their sound.
a few years ago they split up to form the international version of bob hund; bergman rock, but it´s just not the same thing.

it´s hard to find any info about bob hund in english so here´s the link to bergman rock´s website.
and here are a few downloadable bob hund songs. (click where it says "Ladda ner")

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Re: bob hund

Post by zhivago » Thu Sep 28, 2006 2:43 am

he had his songs played here in London for a while...maybe 4 years ago...probably a bit more...can't remember

I did like his stuff..I found the songs they played quite melodic..in a....I dunno...pavement way?

...they were played in some indie clubs here that loads of Swedes go to, so they always went down well :)
Resident Spartan.