the Awesomely Bad Music Video Repository

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Re: the Awesomely Bad Music Video Repository

Post by mezcalhead » Sat Feb 03, 2007 5:22 am

I like that Sugarcubes song .. Bjork no longer has the unibrow so I guess I could find it in my heart to forgive her.

;)

There's no excuse for Blazin Hazen though .. what was he thinking? Who is he anyway, a washed-up sportsman? The career desperation is so thick on that one you could cut it with a spork.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

pullover
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pullover » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:25 pm

Blazen Hazen was some dork who wanted to rap, so he made up some demos and sent them to MTV, some record companies, and who ever else he could think might want to "get blazed." Someone was clearing out all the old videos at MTV, they found his demo, and uploaded it to youtube.

If you like that you should check out Reh Dogg, I don't know if he has brain damage or what, but I can't understand 90% of what he is saying. For this video, I imagine he was singing in the shower, and said, "this will make a great video, where's my camera and my tripod." Or maybe it was, "dis mah grae fideo, whar mah camaha ahn mwah twipwohd." Tell me why must he kwy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ZBOj7xr9k

EDIT: Metro.co.uk - It's hard to pick out a single element that makes Reh Dogg's work so unique. Is it the thrillingly avant-garde approach to both rhythm and melody, challenging the long-held orthodoxy that music should be in tune and on the beat? Is it the fact that for a long time at the beginning of the song, it seems like there won't be any lyrics other than 'why must I cry' being repeated over an over again? Or is it the daringly risque shower scenes, in which Reh Dogg washes himself extremely thoroughly, potentially giving rise to a whole new genre of Hygenic Rap?

Or is it the inexplicable moment at about 1:29 into the video, when he apparently says 'I done a poo-sh*t through your door'?

Whatever, his flow is intense.
Last edited by pullover on Mon Feb 05, 2007 3:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Why should we buy postage stamps? We can make our own.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:26 pm

pullover wrote: If you like that you should check out Reh Dogg, I don't know if he has brain damage or what, but I can't understand 90% of what he is saying. For this video, I imagine he was singing in the shower, and said, "this will make a great video, where's my camera and my tripod." Or maybe it was, "dis mah grae fideo, whar mah camaha ahn mwah twipwohd." Tell me why must he kwy?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7ZBOj7xr9k
Oh lordy, Reh Dogg posts his stuff over at MacIdol and posts in the forum there.  So, um, no comment.  ::)
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

pullover
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by pullover » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:35 pm

It's probably inappropriate for me to make fun of his speech but if he'd remove his metal fangs he'd probably be intelligible.
Why should we buy postage stamps? We can make our own.

Sauerkraut
Expat
Expat

Post by Sauerkraut » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:06 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeWICNqJkpw

;D

I think Tool stole that gray man dancing on the grass to use it for all their dull clips.