Anyone see the Richard Llloyd interview in TapeOp #56?

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Anyone see the Richard Llloyd interview in TapeOp #56?

Post by i love sharin foo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:34 pm

There's  some really cool stuff in there. It is in the latest Tape Op, which is number 56. Mine just came yesterday. Right at the very start of the interview, they ask him about working with Any Johns on Marquee Moon. He said that the gear arrived the day before they went in to start on it, so Andy had a headstart and got the drums all setup and mic'ed. He said he already had some stuff down on tape and that it sounded HUGE. The first thing Tom said was (this is quoted directly from the interviesw), "NO! Pull that all down! That isn't it! That's not what we want at all!"  ;D

Justin
A death’s head ring upon his finger

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Re: Anyone see the Richard Llloyd interview in TapeOp #56?

Post by Maggieo » Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:21 pm

Tape Op is prolly my favorite music magazine and the Richard Lloyd interview was a real treat!

What he said about Matt Sweet's Girlfriend made me wan to shelve Spacedesigner for a while.  No reverb on it!!!
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

lalalandstudios
Expat
Expat

Post by lalalandstudios » Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:29 pm

Richard is a very cool guy and I was glad to see him in tape op. If you can get to NYC, you can get guitar lessons from him...
I'm a reasonable man get off my case...

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Sun Nov 26, 2006 3:18 pm

lalalandstudios wrote: Richard is a very cool guy and I was glad to see him in tape op. If you can get to NYC, you can get guitar lessons from him...
I'd love to take lessons from him.

Did you know that Jeff Tweedy got a series of lessons with Lloyd as a present from his wife?  They obviously paid off, because his playing on A Ghost Is Born is pretty kickass and he works with Nels really well, doing that interlocked guitar thing.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

jetset
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jetset » Sun Nov 26, 2006 5:12 pm

TapeOp rules, and it's free.  Every issue has someone (almost) as cool as Lloyd interviewed.  http://richardlloyd.com/ is worth checking out too, with a bunch of lessons on-line.
-J
I can't hear the forest for all the falling trees.