If the Melvins Go Your Way...

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

If the Melvins Go Your Way...

Post by Danley » Sat Sep 07, 2019 6:12 pm

Freaking. Go. See them.

Sort of got re-infatuated with this band about the time I changed my sig. Really was one of those 're-ignites your faith in music in-general' gigs, they had an awesome crowd, great energy, and gave an A+ performance (except did not play Revolve. Aww.) Red Kross tour-mates were ok- But their opening act 'The Side Eyes' were pretty fucking awesome. Best way to spend a weekday evening.
King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: If the Melvins Go Your Way...

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:06 pm

They played a venue 5 minutes away from our flat. Great gig!!

Apparently they love the place (UT Connewitz) so much that they tend to come twice a year, if possible.
While I agree that they're well worth seeing, I wish they'd get the extra drummer & their old bassist back.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Danley » Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:40 am

PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:06 pm

Apparently they love the place (UT Connewitz) so much that they tend to come twice a year, if possible.
While I agree that they're well worth seeing, I wish they'd get the extra drummer & their old bassist back.
I never saw them with Rutmanis or anyone else - yeah would be cool to see them with dual-drummers again, but they were able to pull off Civilized Worm convincing enough with Dale only ;)
King Buzzo: I love when people come up to me and say “Your guitar sound was better on Stoner Witch, when you used a Les Paul. “...I used a Fender Mustang reissue on that, dumbass!

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:08 am

Danley wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 3:40 am
PorkyPrimeCut wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 11:06 pm

I never saw them with Rutmanis or anyone else - yeah would be cool to see them with dual-drummers again, but they were able to pull off Civilized Worm convincing enough with Dale only ;)
I've seen them a few times but the best gig was probably around 2008 in London.

Tight as fuck! Loud as fuck! At the end of the set they walked off & the PA blasted out the sound of chimpanzees screaming while the roadies, fully dressed in monkey costumes, swarmed the stage & ripped everything down. It was absolutely mental!
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

Misc.Vision
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Misc.Vision » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:35 am

The Melvins are one of the weirdest, loudest, and most exciting bands out there. They seem to live on the road and they’re constantly evolving but maintain a fierceness that is unrivaled. Great fucking band, for sure.
The only way to deal with an unfree world is to become so absolutely free that your very existence is an act of rebellion.
-Albert Camus

RuffiansFC
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by RuffiansFC » Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:08 am

im really trying to go to the Orlando show. Redd Kross just released a great album that has me going back through their catalog. Two very different bands that currently share a rhythm section, but I like both so I wouldn't feel disappointed with either set.

I first saw the Melvins 20 years ago with Melt-Banana opening. I will never see another show like that. Absolutely insane.

Danley
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Danley » Mon Sep 09, 2019 9:14 am

RuffiansFC wrote:
Mon Sep 09, 2019 8:08 am
im really trying to go to the Orlando show. Redd Kross just released a great album that has me going back through their catalog. Two very different bands that currently share a rhythm section, but I like both so I wouldn't feel disappointed with either set.

I first saw the Melvins 20 years ago with Melt-Banana opening. I will never see another show like that. Absolutely insane.
Shit. Melt Banana is another band I wish I saw around that time; never heard much more than Cell Scape and Speak Squeak Creak or whatever but I liked it.

tylerforyou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by tylerforyou » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:29 am

I saw them last year in Louisville. It was one of the best shows I've ever seen. Dual bass players made me feel my soul.