Squeeze Has Still Got It!

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Squeeze Has Still Got It!

Post by Maggieo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:47 am

What a fantastic concert! Squeeze is great as ever!

Glenn takes an incredibly melodic and beautiful ripper of a guitar solo:

Squeeze, Holland Center For The Arts, Omaha, NE, September 04, 2019 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Squeeze, Holland Center For The Arts, Omaha, NE, September 04, 2019 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

There's always that guy...

Movie Making, Squeeze, Holland Center For The Arts, Omaha, NE, September 04, 2019 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Everybody sings!

The band is so damn tight and sharp, Glenn's singing and guitar playing only get better with time, and since they're playing songs from all across their catalog, you realize that their songwriting really is timeless and they're still at the top of their form.

They played some songs that I hadn't heard, but I had this odd feeling that I must have forgotten the (wonderful) lyrics, because it was such a good song, how could I not remember it.

Oh, and I blew the merch guy's mind by asking him where in the north of England he's from.

There were hugs and high fives. Manchester City is also for Yorkshiremen, too. (And yes, I've been a fan since the relegation days.)
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

Jaguar018
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Squeeze Has Still Got It!

Post by Jaguar018 » Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:03 am

I know from Instagram that one of my buddies from college was at that show too. Glad you liked it. :)

stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by stevejamsecono » Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:44 pm

Love those guys. Great great band. Wish the records were a bit better produced though :(
And you find out life isn't like that
It's so hard to understand
Why the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

Resident Yamaha Fanboy

COYS

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:29 pm

stevejamsecono wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 12:44 pm
Love those guys. Great great band. Wish the records were a bit better produced though :(
They were not always well served by their producers. Which is a fucking tragedy. >:(

The good news, is the songs sound great live now! 8)
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

Maggieo
Expat
Expat

Post by Maggieo » Fri Sep 06, 2019 1:31 pm

Jaguar018 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 11:03 am
I know from Instagram that one of my buddies from college was at that show too. Glad you liked it. :)
Cool! Smallish world.

Oh, and KT Tunstall opened for them and just crushed it. She's a consummate entertainer and musician, in a way that reminds me of Elvis Costello. Great storyteller, both in song and conversation.