Starting a Band

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
User avatar
mbene085
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 3922
Joined: Tue May 24, 2016 5:07 am

Re: Starting a Band

Post by mbene085 » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:06 am

parry wrote: ↑
Sat Jun 29, 2019 3:21 am
Trout wrote: ↑
Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:33 pm
420? Can someone please explain that.
What it means, is that all of the old guys that got in to offsets before offsets were cool - in turn, making them cool - are no longer cool. Nor do they understand what is cool, now. Also the word cool is no longer cool. Cool?
Image

As for the "no homo" thing, it originated in online bodybuilding forum culture because the dudebros felt the need to find a way to express their totally heterosexual admiration of each other's bodies, as in, "dude your lats are amazing no homo," or, "your physique is perfectly balanced no homo."

It's borne of toxic masculinity, of course, but it was the only way they could think of to tell a bunch of other men posting mostly-nude photos of their bodies, "I think you're hot, but in the kind of way where I want to be like you and not because I'm struggling with a subconscious desire to be penetrated by you."

User avatar
soggy mittens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1790
Joined: Fri May 02, 2014 2:08 am
Location: middle of somewhere
Contact:

Re: Starting a Band

Post by soggy mittens » Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:41 pm

Image
If OSG has tort me anything...

User avatar
nohomo420
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 4
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:10 pm

Re: Starting a Band

Post by nohomo420 » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:37 pm

How did we get into talking about homosexuality. I just wanted to link up with other Jaguar players in the LA area. Also if you know any bassist and drummer lmk

User avatar
Trout
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 747
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:32 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Starting a Band

Post by Trout » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:46 pm

nohomo420 wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:37 pm
How did we get into talking about homosexuality.
I might be totally wrong here but it might have something to do with your alias... πŸ™„
#sitdownrock found at https://soundcloud.com/oldguywithaview

User avatar
marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 2878
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:37 pm
Location: Seattle

Re: Starting a Band

Post by marqueemoon » Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:53 pm

Trout wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:46 pm
nohomo420 wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:37 pm
How did we get into talking about homosexuality.
I might be totally wrong here but it might have something to do with your alias... πŸ™„
Well, we could always talk about w33d if you want to change the subject.

User avatar
panoramic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 15588
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:09 pm
Location: baltimore, md.

Re: Starting a Band

Post by panoramic » Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:51 am

marqueemoon wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:53 pm
Trout wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:46 pm
nohomo420 wrote: ↑
Fri Jul 05, 2019 12:37 pm
How did we get into talking about homosexuality.
I might be totally wrong here but it might have something to do with your alias... πŸ™„
Well, we could always talk about w33d if you want to change the subject.
w33d is cool
i used to be cool

Post Reply