Scott Walker RIP

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
Whiny Minotaur
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Scott Walker RIP

Post by Whiny Minotaur » Wed Mar 27, 2019 12:52 am

https://thequietus.com/articles/26236-scott-walker-rip

Apparently he passed away 2 days ago but I only found out now. Because he always seemed to be in remarkably good health in every interview I saw of him, I thought he would have a few more albums in him. It came to a complete shock to me, and is the first one in many recent deaths that really hit me hard.

From his earlier works such as Scott 4, to his latest Soused with Sunn O))), he was always a pioneer and utterly fearless in his work. Rest in peace.
soundcloud.com/kkamaguicrow

epizootics
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Scott Walker RIP

Post by epizootics » Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:18 pm

Monday was a strange day, people kept texting me condolence messages for Scott Walker's passing...

He was arguably the best example of how to age as an artist and refuse to compromise or tone anything down for the sake of 'what the public wants'. His career is very unusual in the sense that it followed a curve that is usually seen in writers or painters rather than musicians. The comparison with Samuel Beckett is an easy one but a decent parallel still: just as Beckett removed more and more from his writing to get closer to his intentions, Walker managed to find ways to free his music from writing habits from both the worlds of pop and orchestral music.

As a Frenchman I am also glad he played such a big part in bringing Jacques Brel's music to an English-speaking audience.

It has been seven years since Bish Bosch came out and I still go back to it, it is such a rich (and humorous) piece of work that I don't feel like I will exhaust it any time soon. My user name is the title of the single from the album.

He had the best career one man could hope for, and he sounded very fulfilled both in his life and his career, but, DAMN, a part of me took enormous comfort in the knowing that Scott Walker was living somewhere across the Channel from me :(

dinosaurkale->
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dinosaurkale-> » Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:27 am

big one for me too
been bummed all week

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 2:12 pm