Man, The Wedding Present does some cool things!

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
DeathJag
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Man, The Wedding Present does some cool things!

Post by DeathJag » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:11 am

From the email list:
THE WEDDING PRESENT TO PLAY IN A CAVE!

"For one night only, beneath an ancient hill top castle in the picturesque peak district village of Castleton, The Wedding Present will play live, in concert, within the natural amphitheatre of the Peak Cavern."

Yes... that’s the slightly Spinal Tappish press release we have received from the promoters of this unique event... so it must be true!

The Wedding Present’s Saturday 17 August appearance at the Peak Cavern in Derbyshire [also known, unfortunately, as ‘The Devil’s Arse’] will be preceded by their return to Holmfirth Picturedrome on Friday 16 August.

Please note that neither of these concerts will be ‘Bizarro 30’ shows.
How cool is that?!! I had a friend who's band had a night time genny show on a tiny island off Oahu (The Mokes) and that sounded insane. But to play in a cave?!!! I'd imagine a real live cave would be irreparably damaged by the vibrations. But a dead one made my heart skip a beat thinking of the REVERB...

I'm not familiar with this particular "venue" but it kind of sounds like it's not really a cave. But still.

BearBoy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Man, The Wedding Present does some cool things!

Post by BearBoy » Sat Mar 02, 2019 9:43 am

I've been to the Peak Cavern and it is a proper cave. Not sure whether the band would actually be playing in it though?

DeathJag
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by DeathJag » Sat Mar 02, 2019 10:28 am

Oh man... If anyone here goes please report back on that sound...

Trout
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Trout » Sat Mar 02, 2019 11:04 am

Gotta love the weddoes❤️
#sitdownrock at https://staffanandersson.bandcamp.com/album/det-hemliga-namnet

rururustis
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by rururustis » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:54 pm

Wow, that sounds absolutely epic! Playing in a cave?! I'd love to hear more about it.

FoxHodgess
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by FoxHodgess » Wed Feb 21, 2024 1:10 pm

Well, talk about a unique concert experience. I can only imagine the incredible acoustics and atmosphere in there. It must feel like stepping into a whole other world.I've never heard of the Peak Cavern, but it sounds like it's going to be one unforgettable show. The idea of music reverberating off the walls of a cave is mind-blowing. It's like nature's own built-in reverb effect! By the way, I'm knee-deep in wedding planning myself and can't decide on a tuxedo. If you're still on the hunt for one, I stumbled upon this cool collection: https://www.gentlemansguru.com/product- ... g-tuxedos/