New Smashing Pumpkins....what say ye...??

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
NickD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: New Smashing Pumpkins....what say ye...??

Post by NickD » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:45 am

Telliot wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:37 pm
soggy mittens wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:29 pm
Children, children... the thread asked what you think of the new song not of the members behind it, I could care less what your thoughts are on the members, if anything your views on them are extremely dull.
Your condescension would have a little more bite if you used the phrase ‘couldn’t care less’ correctly. If you could care less, then you’re saying you still care. How dull. As far as the track is concerned, it sucks. Objectively.
I hear a lot of Americans say could care less instead of couldn't care less. I just thought it was another Americanism (as well as being wrong)

And yes, the track sucks, like an awful lot of Smashing Pumpkins music. It's a shame, because whatever you think of Billy Corgan (and I think Natthu covered it neatly) Gish and especially Siamese Dream were great, especially in and of their time.

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:22 am

soggy mittens wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:29 pm
Free yourself.
...from the seemingly endless Smashing Pumpkins threads on everything from his bigotry, to his garage sale, to his pedals, to his gardeners hat, to the dodgy company he keeps, to random new songs, to his jumpers, to good old dayes dudebros of MTV reminiscences.

There must be more threads on poor picked on, unloved and victimised Smashing Pumpkins on OSG than anything bar bridges.

Probably time to get a dedicated smash your pumpkins thread thread since IMO one song does not a thread make.

D
Are you loathsome tonight?

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:54 am

An electric guitar is a guitar that uses one or more pickups to convert the vibration of its strings into electrical signals. The vibration occurs when a guitarist strums, plucks, fingerpicks, or taps the strings. The pickup used to sense the vibration generally uses electromagnetic induction to do so, though other technologies exist. In any case, the signal generated by an electric guitar is too weak to drive a loudspeaker, so it is sent to a guitar amplifier before being sent to the speaker, which converts it into audible sound.
Last edited by Larry Mal on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

soggy mittens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by soggy mittens » Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:57 am

No, free yourself from judgement. He is is own person right or wrong in your subjective view. You do you, billy will do billy. Don't worry, don't cry, don't be sad, just be you. Try not to be a judgemental person tho if possible, just the best version of you. x)

I could care less about what people think they think tho. But I shall still post this....

Now I disappear again, reappear in a place where I am welcomed not questioned.
If OSG has tort me anything...

mediocreplayer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mediocreplayer » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:03 am

NICQ wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 11:15 pm
I could do without the "aiaiaia" part for shure...
Yes, I heard that and I was waiting for someone to yell "BECAUSE THE NIGHT... BELONGS"
soggy mittens wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 5:57 am
I think the diagram you posted is wrong.

Larry Mal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Larry Mal » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:05 am

An electric guitar is a guitar that uses one or more pickups to convert the vibration of its strings into electrical signals. The vibration occurs when a guitarist strums, plucks, fingerpicks, or taps the strings. The pickup used to sense the vibration generally uses electromagnetic induction to do so, though other technologies exist. In any case, the signal generated by an electric guitar is too weak to drive a loudspeaker, so it is sent to a guitar amplifier before being sent to the speaker, which converts it into audible sound.
Last edited by Larry Mal on Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Back in those days, everyone knew that if you were talking about Destiny's Child, you were talking about Beyonce, LaTavia, LeToya, and Larry.

Telliot
Mods
Mods

Post by Telliot » Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:33 am

Larry Mal wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 6:05 am
If I'm right though you surfaced again referring to adults here as children and dismissed everyone's opinion and told us that it's wrong for us to even have opinions? I think that's the first thing I've heard from you in months.

This will be my last word on this subject. I don't care about any of this.
Cosigned, and ditto.
The cool thing about fretless is you can hit a note...and then renegotiate.

Grey
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Grey » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:05 am

shadowplay wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:22 am
...from the seemingly endless Smashing Pumpkins threads on everything from his bigotry, to his garage sale, to his pedals, to his gardeners hat, to the dodgy company he keeps, to random new songs, to his jumpers, to good old dayes dudebros of MTV reminiscences.

There must be more threads on poor picked on, unloved and victimised Smashing Pumpkins on OSG than anything bar bridges.

Probably time to get a dedicated smash your pumpkins thread thread since IMO one song does not a thread make.
Yeah you guys need to slow your roll with all of these smashing pumpkins threads, the forum is gonna run out of internet data! Where will my discussion on Post-Industrial Ambient Indie Folk go now!?

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:47 am

Grey wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:05 am

Yeah you guys need to slow your roll with all of these smashing pumpkins threads, the forum is gonna run out of internet data! Where will my discussion on Post-Industrial Ambient Folk go now!?
I've taken the 'indie' out, the rest is of course just 'hilarious'. I am fully aware my record posts are a minority interest, hence my posting them much more infrequently and probably not much at all in the future but at least I made a small effort with them fatuous as it largely was.

I must admit that I was pretty stunned that folk were still into Smashing Pumpkins when I first joined here, which I admit is because they still seem more of thing in the US but since then there's been so, so, so, so many threads on them I wonder what there is to say on them really. i'm not saying there's no room, I'm saying put all the shrapnel in one thread or at least when posting perhaps folk might consider doing a search and finding a previous discussion to tack it onto or are we going down a one song a thread path?

Speaking generally and IMO there's a lot of lazy posting in music , slapped on links with no labels, threads on one song and that sort of rhubarb, I guess that's fine if that's your style but to me it's just lazy half arsed shite.

The other day they were two threads on Stephen Malkmus album literally three posts apart, clearly the second poster couldn't be bothered to even check the page they posted on.

I tell you what though Grey and I mean this in the best possible spirit and friendship, if you took the time to make a positive post in the music section instead of constantly trying to make snide comments relating to what I post we'd maybe have more interesting threads and a more vibrant music section.

D
Are you loathsome tonight?

Grey
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Grey » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:00 am

shadowplay wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:47 am
I tell you what though Grey and I mean this in the best possible spirit and friendship, if you took the time to make a positive post in the music section instead of constantly trying to make snide comments relating to what I post we'd maybe have more interesting threads and a more vibrant music section.
I surf, but unfortunately there's a lot i'm just not interested in, and the only difference between us is that I don't stop in all of your threads to tell you just how not-interested I am. In fact if you were to look, you wouldn't find a single post from me dumping on any of your self-created music threads, because I can stomach my dislike to let people enjoy what they enjoy in peace.

Ceylon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Ceylon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:16 am

Can't add much. I thought it was boring, nothing happening and no progression, an unfortunate choice to headline the re-union people have wanted for like 17 years now. Not a particularly bad song by any stretch, for what it was which admittedly wasn't much, but also nothing I think is ever really worth re-visiting because there just wasn't anything going on, a half-baked riff with the old Pumpkins-sound and some way more half-baked lyrics. Zeitgeist was the last release of theirs that I either bought or liked, and I was surprised to Google it just now and see that that was just about 11 years ago. Having been my number one band for those oh-so-important teenage years when music sometimes really is all you feel you have, I think I might be truly ready to leave them behind now. I could care even less, but I won't. I already don't care much.
Science Friction burns my fingers
Electricity still lingers

leokula
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by leokula » Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:09 am

"i hate billy corgan, alex jones, bla bla bla"

yawn

The song is generic and the mix is horrible.
Jaguar > Jazzmaster :)

mackerelmint
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mackerelmint » Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:19 am

Another boring song from a band that made a career of being boring. It's fun seeing people picking this song out as the boring one, since just about everything they've done to this point sounds the same to me.

James iha seems like an okay guy. Jimmy is a very good drummer. That's all I got.
This is an excellent rectangle

Pacafeliz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pacafeliz » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:08 pm

hobbes wrote:
Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:10 am
Smashing Pumpkins is so representative of part of my youth that is always a little painful to see what they (he) became.

Anyhow, I listened to the new track. It is, at best, useless.

Bah.
+1
exactly. :(
i love delay SO much ...that i procrastinate all the time.

budda12ax7
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by budda12ax7 » Mon Jun 11, 2018 12:22 pm

RATT.....tickets on sale. General Admission 30 bucks at the MGM Grand. July 2-Aug 2. Opening band is the fat guy from Motley Crue, and someone called Sebastian Bach. Get your Coors Lite on.....

It was also reported by a very good source that the Smashing Pumpkins will be playing the second stage with a band called Keel. Can't confirm, but my friend who works in the Admin for the company said there were some issues that Billy wanted alcohol and weed banned and not sold at the venue...alas this would eliminate 100 percent of the audience...