Hampshire & Foat - The Honeybear

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hampshire & Foat - The Honeybear

Post by shadowplay » Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:14 am

NickD wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 1:03 am

Definitely the most jazz of their collaborations, must be why it’s labelled as a Greg Foat album. There is a bit of an early 70’s vibe to it, and I think you are spot on with the folk element. Lovely.

Nice to see Duncan Lamont still playing, and on something that isn’t Music For Pleasure crap.
It's a bit of a novelty for me, not in an Agadoo sort of way but because I'd normally not have found it if it was released in more of a jazz channel. It's splitting hairs a little but I think the more library aesthetic on the H&F releases provided a handy in for me because I find Jazz isn't the sort of music that's easy to blunder into in the way I've blundered into everything else, so I tend to stick to what I know.
rank wrote:
Sun Jul 28, 2019 3:37 pm
I have discovered so much music on this forum thanks to you guys (mainly Shadowplay) & have thoroughly enjoyed exploring Hampshire & Foat. I just wanted to express my gratitude.
That's good to hear, I've also been happy to pick up a few pointers here too and enjoyed some excellent music discussion when the music chat found roads beyond hating and all the I loved these dudes in college threads.

Sad to say it's getting thinner and thinner as the years go by and some members move on.

D
Are you loathsome tonight?

rank
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Hampshire & Foat - The Honeybear

Post by rank » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:09 am

shadowplay wrote:
Mon Jul 29, 2019 4:14 am
I've also been happy to pick up a few pointers here too and enjoyed some excellent music discussion when the music chat found roads beyond hating and all the I loved these dudes in college threads.
You have a very succint way of summing up most music threads here.
We are merely moving shadows.