Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
User avatar
burpgun
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 429
Joined: Sun Dec 20, 2009 10:15 am
Location: Brooklyn, NYC

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by burpgun » Sun Feb 11, 2018 7:47 am

I was never exactly sure if Lungfish packed it up or just went into a Fugazi-style perma-hiatus. I loved that band and given their style, it seems like they could have ended at any point or gone on forever, without much change. I saw Daniel Higgs playing in the NYC subway a few years back. I was in a suit and felt like it would have been weird to talk to him looking like that.

User avatar
Trout
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:32 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by Trout » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:25 pm

#sitdownrock found at https://soundcloud.com/oldguywithaview

User avatar
Dok
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1546
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:39 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by Dok » Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:40 pm

Trout wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:25 pm
A.A. Bondy is back

https://open.spotify.com/track/5j9OcWaE ... HeioDbmFiQ

😘
I saw that this morning. And he's playing like two blocks from my house!!!!
Local milk person

User avatar
Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1902
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Kentucky, USA

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:49 pm

Chumbawumba

User avatar
Trout
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 727
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:32 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by Trout » Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:04 pm

Dok wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:40 pm


I saw that this morning. And he's playing like two blocks from my house!!!!
Wow, lucky you πŸ‘πŸΌ
#sitdownrock found at https://soundcloud.com/oldguywithaview

User avatar
Dok
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1546
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:39 pm
Location: Los Angeles

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by Dok » Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:28 am

Trout wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 12, 2019 10:04 pm
Dok wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:40 pm


I saw that this morning. And he's playing like two blocks from my house!!!!
Wow, lucky you πŸ‘πŸΌ
Turns out Stephen Malkmus is playing that night too, and I already have tickets. An embarrassment of riches, but I'm always gonna go with Uncle Steve first.
Local milk person

User avatar
shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 25240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Glasgow. Scotland
Contact:

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by shadowplay » Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:26 am

I like that old time rock 'n' roll, don't try to take me to a disco.

User avatar
Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 1902
Joined: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:58 pm
Location: Kentucky, USA

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Wed Feb 13, 2019 2:51 pm

shadowplay wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 13, 2019 11:26 am
Unicorn Warrior wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:49 pm
Chumbawumba
Alice Nutter from that band is now a top TV writer.

D
Who knew..wasn't really serious on that one..but remember their obscure hit tubthumping from my childhood.

Johno
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 927
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:34 am
Location: London UK

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by Johno » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:26 am

TeenageShutdown! wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:53 pm
Tom Waits. Still waiting for this geezer to tour (to East Coast) so I can scratch it off my bucket list. Please, no guff. Thanks.

Says on his website he is working on new material. He did contribute to Marc Ribots recent record, a collection of protest songs?
I've never seen him live I'd prolly have to fly to the States if he ever decides to play live & I can get a ticket.

User avatar
shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 25240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Glasgow. Scotland
Contact:

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by shadowplay » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:34 am

Johno wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:26 am
TeenageShutdown! wrote: ↑
Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:53 pm
Tom Waits. Still waiting for this geezer to tour (to East Coast) so I can scratch it off my bucket list. Please, no guff. Thanks.

Says on his website he is working on new material. He did contribute to Marc Ribots recent record, a collection of protest songs?
I've never seen him live I'd prolly have to fly to the States if he ever decides to play live & I can get a ticket.
He was in that pretty enjoyable the Old Man and the Gun film (Robert Redfords last film), essentially playing himself and telling an anecdote that he could have looked up from the piano to deliver.

D
I like that old time rock 'n' roll, don't try to take me to a disco.

User avatar
TeenageShutdown!
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 448
Joined: Sun Dec 14, 2014 10:06 am

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by TeenageShutdown! » Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:03 pm

shadowplay wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:34 am
He was in that pretty enjoyable the Old Man and the Gun film (Robert Redfords last film), essentially playing himself and telling an anecdote that he could have looked up from the piano to deliver.

D
Last month I started watching a few minutes of The Ballad of Buster Scruggs & saw him in the credits. I still haven’t watched the entire movie though.

Johno
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 927
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:34 am
Location: London UK

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by Johno » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:17 am

TeenageShutdown! wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:03 pm
shadowplay wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:34 am
He was in that pretty enjoyable the Old Man and the Gun film (Robert Redfords last film), essentially playing himself and telling an anecdote that he could have looked up from the piano to deliver.

D
Last month I started watching a few minutes of The Ballad of Buster Scruggs & saw him in the credits. I still haven’t watched the entire movie though.
Ah I've yet to see Old Man & the Gun although I read it a few years ago as its collected in the book of strange true stories by David Grann called the Devil & Sherlock Holmes.... all of which would make great films.

Buster Scruggs was a fun film & Waits was great.

User avatar
shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 25240
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Glasgow. Scotland
Contact:

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by shadowplay » Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:23 am

Johno wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:17 am
TeenageShutdown! wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:03 pm
shadowplay wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:34 am
He was in that pretty enjoyable the Old Man and the Gun film (Robert Redfords last film), essentially playing himself and telling an anecdote that he could have looked up from the piano to deliver.

D
Last month I started watching a few minutes of The Ballad of Buster Scruggs & saw him in the credits. I still haven’t watched the entire movie though.
Ah I've yet to see Old Man & the Gun although I read it a few years ago as its collected in the book of strange true stories by David Grann called the Devil & Sherlock Holmes.... all of which would make great films.
i'll need to look that book up. It's definitely worth having a look at the film, really affecting and charm heavy performances from Sissy Spacek and Robert Redford, you can feel their warmth for each other through the screen.

D
I like that old time rock 'n' roll, don't try to take me to a disco.

Johno
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 927
Joined: Fri Oct 06, 2006 3:34 am
Location: London UK

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by Johno » Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:06 am

shadowplay wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:23 am
Johno wrote: ↑
Wed Feb 20, 2019 4:17 am
TeenageShutdown! wrote: ↑
Tue Feb 19, 2019 6:03 pm

Last month I started watching a few minutes of The Ballad of Buster Scruggs & saw him in the credits. I still haven’t watched the entire movie though.
Ah I've yet to see Old Man & the Gun although I read it a few years ago as its collected in the book of strange true stories by David Grann called the Devil & Sherlock Holmes.... all of which would make great films.
i'll need to look that book up. It's definitely worth having a look at the film, really affecting and charm heavy performances from Sissy Spacek and Robert Redford, you can feel their warmth for each other through the screen.

D
Definitely worth checking out https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Devil ... ock_Holmes

As is this, which incidentally also appears to be in production... https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killers_o ... lower_Moon

User avatar
sallikaan
PAT PEND
PAT PEND
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Feb 19, 2019 9:51 am

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by sallikaan » Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:11 pm

Happy birthday, and where the hell are you Kurt?
Image
Give me the champ!

Post Reply