Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
panoramic
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by panoramic » Thu Feb 21, 2019 9:43 am

shadowplay wrote:
Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:27 am
I occasionally wonder where Stina Nordenstam is, especially as she'd released her best record and vanished. It's now been ten years since she was credited on something (Nine Horses with David Sylvian) and going on 15 years since The World is Saved. I bought one of the the vinyl releases of The World is Saved recently (it was CD only in 04) and it got me thinking about her again and wondering why such a good record was getting pressed in such tiny numbers (500).

I guess she's still alive, though she looked super frail the last time I saw a rare picture of her and must be doing something else.

D
stina was awesome. i have a couple things she did somewhere
I used to be cool, now I just complain about prices.

rank
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Where the hell is... (missing musicians..)

Post by rank » Mon May 06, 2019 5:46 pm

Trout wrote:
Tue Feb 12, 2019 3:25 pm
A.A. Bondy is back

https://open.spotify.com/track/5j9OcWaE ... HeioDbmFiQ
I really dig the new A.A. Bondy but it was not what I was expecting at all. I am a bit disappointed that he's been gone 8 years & returns with what feels like such a brief record. I saw him play a few years ago & it was just him, a guitar, & a drum machine. It was a beautiful evening. I spoke with him briefly after the show & asked him about a new album & he just smiled & shrugged. I would have loved a recording of that show.
We are merely moving shadows.