Liam Gallagher "As you were"

Favorite new record? Favorite old record? Got a band? Post it here.
Arthon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Liam Gallagher "As you were"

Post by Arthon » Fri Oct 06, 2017 10:58 am

So, after weeks and weeks of promotion, the first Liam Gallagher solo album is out now, « As you were ». Honestly, I dont find it has bad has I thought it would be. It’s pop with guitars and some attitude. I prefer it to the two Noel Gallagher HFB albums (The remix on some song were really good though).

Oasis is my favorite band and my biggest influence with Neil Young, Bob Dylan and Wilco but I know 99% of offsetguitars hate them. I always find the Oasis rant very funny .

So, lets start the Oasis/Noel/Liam Gallagher bashing again!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdJc7-ZEuT0
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GWDu-9zHG6Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfcJ_vhlRfs
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SDrPghDvYA4
The Blues Cartographer
(sorry for the spelling, I speak french)

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Liam Gallagher "As you were"

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 pm

I've not had chance to listen to it yet. I have a soft spot for Liam though. I think he's fucking hilarious & he had a killer voice. I kinda cringe nowadays, seeing live clips of him struggling with his older material. He's just not up to it any more.

Still, sales have gone through the roof. For better or for worse, I'm happy for the guy.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:32 am

To steal a phrase from Frankie Boyle (on Boris Johnson); 'he might not even be just the worst singer, he might even be the worst mammal'. He's like a world heritage site of stupidity and moronic working class stereotyping. I actually think the brothers are responsible for a whole generation of anorak wearing shaved ape cretins, thickos and plastic hardmen.

Though in fairness, rum as Oasis are there's and extra special place in hell for bands influenced by Oasis.

Sacha Baron Cohen is amazing on him.

To be fair Arthon, you say you like other bands, which is a step up from my impression of Oasis man who generally only like Oasis, bands linked to Oasis and bands with haircuts like Oasis.

Btw wow a philosopher;
Liam Gallagher wrote: What does love feel like?
Love to me is knowing who you are and knowing who you ain’t.
It's a bit like the Trump thing; keep your words under six letters and repeat yourself to your adoring base forever.

D
Are you loathsome tonight?

thisisnickpaige
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by thisisnickpaige » Mon Oct 23, 2017 2:34 am

shadowplay wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 12:32 am

Sacha Baron Cohen is amazing on him.

I loved that interview. It's like, " ...you said, 'alive', mate. " :D

I must admit i too have a soft spot for Oasis and the Gallagher lads; particularly Noel, and his middle aged condescending quips about anything, and nothing. Granted, i'm from the States, so I only get their nonsense when i look for it.

That being said, Noel's 'solo albums' have kind of been like Oasis lite, though i still liked them. I did not care for Beady Eye, so it'll be interesting to hear how Liam's 'solo' efforts fare.
Jesus

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Mon Oct 23, 2017 5:18 am

shadowplay wrote:
I actually think the brothers are responsible for a whole generation of anorak wearing shaved ape cretins, thickos and plastic hardmen.
I tend to blame football in general for this & Oasis are simply a bi-product.
You think you can't, you wish you could, I know you can, I wish you would. Slip inside this house as you pass by.

Arthon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Arthon » Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:00 am

shadowplay wrote:
He's like a world heritage site of stupidity and moronic working class stereotyping. I actually think the brothers are responsible for a whole generation of anorak wearing shaved ape cretins, thickos and plastic hardmen.
That quote explain alot of things about Oasis in North America. The Gallaghers were never a stereoype of working classe dude here, because working class dude dont look, talk and behave like them. Not at all. So Oasis never unleashes passions in USA/Canada like in the UK. A lot less love but a lot less hate either.

In a unrelated topic, do you know where I can buy a great Anorak? :P
The Blues Cartographer

NickD
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by NickD » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:22 am

I'm not happy for him, he's a fucking prick.

I always thought Noel was the better singer too, but he's a twat as well.

I'd say what I really think, but I'm trying to be polite.

dylanafghjkl
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by dylanafghjkl » Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:57 am

the only gallagher brother i don't hate is johnny marr and i don't particularly like him either

Arthon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Arthon » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:57 am

NickD wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:22 am
I'm not happy for him, he's a fucking prick.

I always thought Noel was the better singer too, but he's a twat as well.

I'd say what I really think, but I'm trying to be polite.
dylanafghjkl wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:57 am
the only gallagher brother i don't hate is johnny marr and i don't particularly like him either
:D :D :D
The Blues Cartographer

PorkyPrimeCut
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by PorkyPrimeCut » Wed Oct 25, 2017 9:00 am

Arthon wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:00 am
In a unrelated topic, do you know where I can buy a great Anorak? :P
I think David recommended this company a few times.

parry
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by parry » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:02 am

dylanafghjkl wrote:
:D

That's about the best thing I've read all day.
Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:13 pm

Arthon wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2017 5:00 am
shadowplay wrote:
He's like a world heritage site of stupidity and moronic working class stereotyping. I actually think the brothers are responsible for a whole generation of anorak wearing shaved ape cretins, thickos and plastic hardmen.
That quote explain alot of things about Oasis in North America. The Gallaghers were never a stereoype of working classe dude here, because working class dude dont look, talk and behave like them.
Agreed - you and Arthon are looking at them through a very different lense. The view from ground level is a lot grimmer, and I think I have an Oasis rant on record here somewhere so I won't bother repeating the negativity.

parry wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:02 am
dylanafghjkl wrote:
:D

That's about the best thing I've read all day.
OK, that is funny but somewhat unfair - Marr is ideologically and musically fairly distant from the Gallaghers and tbh I was never sure how he managed to get on with all those lead-footed rawk types he sometimes hangs out with despite the fact that he does seem to be able to find common musical ground with anyone.

Same daft haircut though, I'll give you that.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

somebodyelseuk
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somebodyelseuk » Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:56 am

Not a that keen on the music, but he's (and his brother) a nice enough bloke.

leokula
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by leokula » Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:23 am

mezcalhead wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 10:13 pm
OK, that is funny but somewhat unfair - Marr is ideologically and musically fairly distant from the Gallaghers and tbh I was never sure how he managed to get on with all those lead-footed rawk types he sometimes hangs out with despite the fact that he does seem to be able to find common musical ground with anyone.
You are probably overthinking the whole "rawk vs indie" thing... they just play different music, but Marr was there on the first Oasis gigs and he praised Oasis, gave Noel guitars and all. As much as anybody can hate Oasis, they are respected by all sorts of artists and producers who really knows them.

I can't fathom the idea that to this day people still hate Oasis based on all the hype and bad media they got on the 90's. It's so obviously a circus made by the media, it's hard to believe anyone buys this sort of shit lol
Jaguar > Jazzmaster :)

shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shadowplay » Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:02 am

^^^

To be clear I hated Oasis the very second I heard them, I hadn't even seen them at this point and hating what they are all about is just the cherry on the top of hating every peep they ever made as a band or individually. I didn't like the actual Beatles, so a pub rock Beatles for neds, that brags about not reading books and possesses all the flair of a Morris Marina wasn't exactly what I'd be waiting for. Some professional and social interaction hasn't exactly changed this.

Though I hated everything about that whole Britpop and lad rawk shite thing river deep and mountain high, it was worse than grunge and that really saying something because grunge was about as welcome in my house as one of those travellers tales about a toothpick fish swimming up an unwary bathers urethra and using your insides as a nice cosy nursery.

As for being 'respected', I don't give a shit. Dave Grohl of Oasis for Americans, the Foo Fighters is 'respected' by various bands and producers I don't like as well and not even the ghost of Jhonn Balance appearing at the bottom of my bed singing a Foo Fighers medley, while
harmonising with a Nico formed from ectoplasm would change that.

D
Are you loathsome tonight?