JHS Colour BOX? Any love?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
repoman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: JHS Colour BOX? Any love?

Post by repoman » Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:45 pm

I had a Crayon for a while which is like a 'Color Box lite'
It was pretty cool for some different fuzz flavors and I think I paid 120 for it used?
If you are interested in the Color Box for that fried console fuzz sound the Crayon is pretty good way to go.
I have a Hudson Broadcast now which is a similar pedal and like it better but I use it more as slight brightener/grit adder than a fuzz.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:05 am

I have one, I think I bought it about a year or so ago. It's pretty cool in the sounds that it can make and the various options that you have, and I've heard that there is another couple of pedals that are similar, the Broadcast and another one that I can't remember the name right off, think it starts with a Z.

In the past few months, I tried it out with bass and it really excels with the frequencies of a bass, I'll probably mostly or only be using it for that from now on. I switch back & forth between that & the Rusty Box, or split the feed to each one of those pedals into different amps.

It's not a Neve in a box, but I didn't think it was going to be, and it's not why I bought it anyway. It is really expensive for a pedal, but it's flexible, does its job and has its place, and I won't be getting rid of it, for what that's worth.

edit: Yeah, the pop when you engage it is annoying. I think it's only the first time you turn it on, it doesn't keep happening after the first time as long as it's powered, but it's loud and annoying. Just kick it on and get the pop out of the way before you engage the speakers or whatever.
Last edited by somanytoys on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by somanytoys » Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:51 am

Jext Telez, that's the other one.

There's another thread that's related: http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/vie ... 1&t=105291
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.