Re: Bee Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Everyone needs a stompbox.
zhivago
Mods
Mods

Bee Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Post by zhivago » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:56 am

heh...one of the coolest looking ever pedals, and one that I have never actualy played with...I've gone off fuzz for years, but this pedal still GASes me up!

:D

anyone here have/had one?

:)
Resident Spartan.

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Post by daydreamdelay » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:39 am

yeah same here.. it's high on my list

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Oct 22, 2006 7:47 am

I wish I could score one cheap...I've been out of the loop price-wise...how much do they go for lately?

$300-$400?
Resident Spartan.

daydreamdelay
Mods
Mods

Post by daydreamdelay » Sun Oct 22, 2006 1:16 pm

I'm not sure either.. probably about that though

barge concepts makes a clone that I've heard good things about and those are under $200

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:12 pm

I started a BeeBaa clone a few months back but I haven't gotten around to finishing it up  :'(  I've never played or owned a real one either.

Justin
The whispers cut like hard rain, Like sugar in a hurricane

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Oct 22, 2006 3:30 pm

it would be cool to get the original...I love the look...should be pretty easy to true-bypass too :)
Resident Spartan.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Sun Oct 22, 2006 5:37 pm

got one...it's the first thing on my pedal board :D

i spotted it under a pile of (expensive) vintage effects at a shop in south austin, texas. i thought it might be some early roland guitar synth, so i asked the counter guy and he said "its just an insane fuzz pedal." i took a JM off the wall and plugged it into a hiwatt and hit an E chord, thought "holy $hit!" looked around and everyone in the shop was looking at me. i unplugged it and said i've only got $75 on me, thinking it would be a down payment, and he said "sold!" I was sold too, after just one chord!

guitar player named it their holy grail in a fuzz shoot out 2 weeks later and the price jumped way up!

the circuit is bassed on the univox superfuzz with an added tone control and treble boost (dallas rangemaster) section... sounds amazing through an ac-30, really thick and throaty through a tweed bassman, and has a more raw 60s tone through a silverface twin.
sleeping on a bed of fuzz and feedback

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:00 pm

fuzzjunkie wrote: got one...it's the first thing on my pedal board :D

i spotted it under a pile of (expensive) vintage effects at a shop in south austin, texas. i thought it might be some early roland guitar synth, so i asked the counter guy and he said "its just an insane fuzz pedal." i took a JM off the wall and plugged it into a hiwatt and hit an E chord, thought "holy $hit!" looked around and everyone in the shop was looking at me. i unplugged it and said i've only got $75 on me, thinking it would be a down payment, and he said "sold!" I was sold too, after just one chord!

guitar player named it their holy grail in a fuzz shoot out 2 weeks later and the price jumped way up!

the circuit is bassed on the univox superfuzz with an added tone control and treble boost (dallas rangemaster) section... sounds amazing through an ac-30, really thick and throaty through a tweed bassman, and has a more raw 60s tone through a silverface twin.

I'd love to have one for playing round at home.....does it actualy have a tone control?

I used to have a China Fuzz (MJM), and I found myself craving for a tone control constatly...the scooped preset was my fave, but it would disappear in a band setting :(
Resident Spartan.

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:18 pm

...does it actualy have a tone control?

yes-sustain, tone & volume for the fuzz with the scoop/full footswitch and then just volume for the booster.
you can't use both at the same time, but i use the boost  into a Colorsound Tonebender a lot. it's okay on it's on, but it's no super-dooper.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Oct 22, 2006 6:39 pm

fuzzjunkie wrote: ...does it actualy have a tone control?

yes-sustain, tone & volume for the fuzz with the scoop/full footswitch and then just volume for the booster.
you can't use both at the same time, but i use the boost  into a Colorsound Tonebender a lot. it's okay on it's on, but it's no super-dooper.

cool...I just had a look on ebay and couldn't find any on sale....not that I got $$$s to buy one, but still...it's nice to window-shop :)
Resident Spartan.

glimmertwin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by glimmertwin » Sun Oct 22, 2006 8:18 pm

fuzzjunkie wrote: got one...it's the first thing on my pedal board :D

Where were you - South Austin Music or Austin Vintage?
"I enjoy the current state of offsetguitars hostility."

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Mon Oct 23, 2006 9:55 am

Where were you - South Austin Music or Austin Vintage?

neither, it was the late, great One World Music next to the Continental Club on South Congress. I lived 2 blocks away and was in there all the time. Workhorse Guitars was another great place to score gear at, but i hear it's gone as well.

mjet
Expat
Expat

Post by mjet » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:30 am

There is a good-looking clone that is being sold on eBay. This might be one of those cases where boutique design, quality parts and the fact that it's new ends up being a win in every category - and without the high price of vintage stuff. I don't know these guys but they seem pretty serious and the work looks solid. And they're already true bypass.

http://www.bargeconcepts.com/

They have a few BB clones. They have a few on eBay too:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0041007749

Last edited by Anonymous on Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
"You eventually learn that true priorities are like arms; if you think you have more than a couple, you're either lying or crazy."

fuzzjunkie
Expat
Expat

Post by fuzzjunkie » Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:36 am

yeah, that's the one daydreamdelay mentioned. they make a version without the booster as well if you have limited space on your board. of course you can't lift up the case like a car bonnet to get to the battery like the original ;)

i love sharin foo
Mods
Mods

Post by i love sharin foo » Mon Oct 23, 2006 12:52 pm

I know of a several people who have dealt with them directly and have had nothing but good things to say. Based on their experiences, I woudn't hesitate for a second to go for one.

Justin
The whispers cut like hard rain, Like sugar in a hurricane