How Many Dirt (OD, Fuzz, Dist.) Pedals Live On Your Board?

Everyone needs a stompbox.
dawgwood9
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: How Many Dirt (OD, Fuzz, Dist.) Pedals Live On Your Boar

Post by dawgwood9 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:01 am

I've been on a od fuzz binge lately and have got them all on my board. Sure I will pair it down in a bit, but it is a lot of fun right now... Blackstone appliances - Gemini iii - fuzzulator - germanium muff - ic muff - dejavibe - dmm - klone

eggwheat
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by eggwheat » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:05 am

Custom Fuzz pedal(designed/built by myself), Boss SD-1, Marshall Shredmaster(rarely used), MXR Blue Box.

OffYourFace
Mods
Mods

Post by OffYourFace » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:34 am

eggwheat wrote:Custom Fuzz pedal(designed/built by myself),
more info please ;D

Despot
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Despot » Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:41 pm

I actually typed up this reply, but then remembered that I'd forgotten a few old things that are lurking in a gear bag!

So here's the full list of dirt boxes:

Jimmy Behan Klon Clone (I love this thing - I'm not someone who thinks that the Klon is the be all and end all of everything, but a good pedal is a good pedal even with the hype, and this is just a damn good dirt pedal)
Zvex Box of Rock (my go to cruch tone pedal)
EHX Germanium OD (bought it, but rarely used it)
EHX Big Muff pi
Custom Ram's Head Big Muff clone (built by a guy here in Dublin - it's replaced the standard Big Muff more or less)
Wampler Leviathan fuzz (great fuzz pedal - covers lots of bases)
JHS Morning Glory (I like this thing - works well with the Klon clone - very sparkly drive on it's own)
Rockbox Boiling Point (think it's a no. 4 - haven't opened it yet as I just picked it up)
Fulltone Full Drive 2 (my main drive box before the Klon arrived - still a standard on the board)
Boss Blues Drive - bought this years ago but I haven't really used it much - I should probably sell it on.
Proc Rat distortion - an original 80s one that I bought when I was a teenager in the mid 90s - it's only now that I realise that it's a damn good pedal. I remember buying it because I'd read that Graham Coxon used one for his distortion and I loved a load of those sounds at the time. I keep forgetting to put it on the board because it has spent so long in the gear box ... but I think it needs to take it's place on the board again.

noisepunk
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by noisepunk » Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:17 pm

Despot wrote:I actually typed up this reply, but then remembered that I'd forgotten a few old things that are lurking in a gear bag!
Well, so I knew a lot of people on here owned a boatload of fuzz pedals, and some even had a boatload of every other kind of dirt, I was mostly curious about how many you actually use at any given time though. I could be wrong, but it sounds like you like to swap these guys out and don't necessarily plug them all in (although, that could be fun!).

jhexp
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jhexp » Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:27 am

Four: Bearfoot Honey Beest, Barber Half Gainer, Wattson FY-6, MXR Blue Box

Despot
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Despot » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:00 am

noisepunk wrote:
Despot wrote:I actually typed up this reply, but then remembered that I'd forgotten a few old things that are lurking in a gear bag!
Well, so I knew a lot of people on here owned a boatload of fuzz pedals, and some even had a boatload of every other kind of dirt, I was mostly curious about how many you actually use at any given time though. I could be wrong, but it sounds like you like to swap these guys out and don't necessarily plug them all in (although, that could be fun!).
The only two which don't feature on the board are the Rat and the Blues Driver. The Blues Driver because I've never quite got on with it, and the Rat simply because I forgot about it! Now that I remembered that it's still in the gear bag it's found pride of place on the board once again.

The Blues Driver is going to a new home with a work colleague who's learning to play and who has yet to buy a stomp box - so in effect I'm creating a new noise junkie!

Sorry - forgot about the Germanium OD - I think that will go to him as well, it doesn't get much use.

I accept that I use far too many dirt boxes... I really should branch out into other effects, but the type of things I play rarely call for more than dirt or fuzz.

jondom22
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by jondom22 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:14 am

I guess 4 if you count Eq/Boost and Boost pedals - EP Booster > Analogman TS9 Silver Mod > Hoof Fuzz >RC Booster - My main tone is basically EP Booster is always on and at the front of the chain, Fuzz is 95% of the time, use the RC Booster for solos and some lead stuff. Really am not using the TS9 much with my current project, but I keep it on the board cos it sounds great and gives me options when jamming/writing (and if need be, if my fuzz fails, I at least have some dirt on my pedalboard that I can turn on, even though they don't sound anything alike).
Good Deals on OSG: alfal013, Redstar30
Good Deals on TGP: (search member jondom22 and look at sig)

Fac 50
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Fac 50 » Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:11 am

Right now 4. (guitar end) Danelectro Cool Cat V1 Fuzz, Boss FBM-1, Fulltone OCD, Bad Monkey.

The Boss FBM-1 will be off the board when my Toadworks L'il Leo comes in. I also have a Hot Cake that goes in that slot sometimes.

mastermorya
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by mastermorya » Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Right now I'm going

The Great Destroyer -> Small Stone -> Fender Blender RI -> ProCo WFRI -> HM-2 -> Red Llama clone -> SS/BS Fuck OD -> EHX polychorus -> Timeline -> reverb (never use reverb).

I just got the Rat as a birthday present. It sounds really, really good. remarkably, though, the Red Llama when dimed has more insanity on tap than either the Rat or the HM-2. This surprised me. I keep the fuck on pretty much all the time to "fatten" my tone or whatever the fuck.

SSquirrel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by SSquirrel » Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:22 pm

Just dug all my pedals out last night. Looks like a Big Muff Pi (Green Sovtek style), DOD Super American Metal, MXR Blue Box and BOSS Super Feedbacker & Distortion. I change where everything sits almost everytime I play since I haven't gotten to plug in regularly in so long, so it's just messing around really :)

selfdestroyer
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by selfdestroyer » Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:04 pm

SSquirrel wrote:Just dug all my pedals out last night. Looks like a Big Muff Pi (Green Sovtek style), DOD Super American Metal, MXR Blue Box and BOSS Super Feedbacker & Distortion. I change where everything sits almost everytime I play since I haven't gotten to plug in regularly in so long, so it's just messing around really
DOD Super American Metal was the first pedal I bought with my own money many years ago. I remember playing all my Metallica riff with it when I was 14 years old. I still own it today. I love how its so bass heavy and gets that great chug chug sound.

SSquirrel
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by SSquirrel » Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:09 am

selfdestroyer wrote:
SSquirrel wrote:Just dug all my pedals out last night. Looks like a Big Muff Pi (Green Sovtek style), DOD Super American Metal, MXR Blue Box and BOSS Super Feedbacker & Distortion. I change where everything sits almost everytime I play since I haven't gotten to plug in regularly in so long, so it's just messing around really
DOD Super American Metal was the first pedal I bought with my own money many years ago. I remember playing all my Metallica riff with it when I was 14 years old. I still own it today. I love how its so bass heavy and gets that great chug chug sound.
Exactly, it was my first pedal too :) I used it for NIN and Manson, adding the extra bass into the mix helped thicken the sound up nicely. The volume kick on it is even more than my Big Muff too.

Arthon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Arthon » Tue Nov 13, 2012 7:22 am

2 : JHS Little Foot Fuzz and SolidGold Nitro Boost (it have a little switch for light OD that is nearly always on).

I also have a small Boss suitcase for easy portability that consist of 3 dirt/boost : Boss FBM1, Boss GE7 and Marshall GuvNor 2. I will do some trade, I don't need all those dirt/boost.
The Blues Cartographer
(sorry for the spelling, I speak french)

EVOL!
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by EVOL! » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:52 am

Three, in order: Fuzz Factory, Fuck Overdrive, OD808. The picture is a little deceiving since I dial down the OD808 to little dirt. Running the Fuck OD into the OD808 make a very delicious sound.

http://www.reverbnation.com/thebendingoflight
If you think my singing is bad, you should hear me play guitar.