Everyone needs a stompbox.
Sid Nitzerglobin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: your effects setup?

Post by Sid Nitzerglobin » Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:52 am

CHILDISHGAMBINO wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2017 9:27 am

Nice! What happened to the Data Corrupter? I was really interested in one but eventually I realized that I can get really close to a lot of those sounds with things I have/are coming. I've tried the split signal path thing before and for me it doesn't work because I don't like dedicating things to only use in on loop. It's a great idea. Just not for me.
It was taking up too much real estate for the amount of use it would get. It's a really fun and cool sounding pedal, I just don't think it's going to get a lot of use for actual bass playing for me outside of riff-festing or noisy noodling by myself.

I think the only thing(s) missing on here is a parallel mixer for the 2 paths w/ expression pedal control. Blending the OB1 w/ its Blend and the BB and/or Bellows engaged w/ the Ampeg path gives me the closest thing to the "perfect" driven sound as I think I've accomplished to date, but requires a fair bump in volume when switching back to just the OB1 path alone. It'd be really great to be able to control that mix hands free...

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Thu Dec 07, 2017 4:04 am

StevenO wrote:
Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:46 am
Damn, those sound like great mods! ....Sound clips? :whistle:
I haven't recorded the FZ-3 yet, but here's a little clip with the FZ-2. Not a very exhaustive showcase of what the pedal can do, but I really only use it for this kinda stuff, so it's the best I can offer at the moment.
IIRC I was playing a jazzmaster (or possibly Yamaha SA-20) on the middle position, and the amp was set fairly dirty. The FZ-2 was on the Fuzz II setting (scooped) with the gain about halfway up.

CaffeineOrMe
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by CaffeineOrMe » Sun Dec 17, 2017 2:16 am

so here's me current setup that with exception of one overdrive and the midi controller exits that way for more than a yer.. couldn't be happier with it. it's a dry/wet setup and die signal chain is:

Earthquaker Devices Park Fuzz Sound -> Origin Effects Cali76 -> RYRA Klone -> Walrus Audio Voyager -> Crowther Audio Hot Cake -> Lehle Volume Mono -> Thundertomate Signal Splitter (below the board)

After the splitter:
Signal a) goes directly into the Thundertomate Custom Amp Switcher (top left)
Signal b) Moog MF104M Analog Delay (the Dunlop Expression Pedal is connected to the feedback Setting) -> Eventide H9 -> Catalinbread Belle Epoch -> Earthquaker Devices Ghost Echo -> Moog MF-Trem -> Fairfield Audio Barbershop Overdrive -> and again into the amp switcher

The Morningstar MC6 Midi Controller is there for controlling the H9 and having presets for the Moog Delay.
Having the barbershop at the end of the chain allows me to but a tiny amount of compression and grit on everything including the reverbs/delay just as if you would run it into a cranked tube amp. I play a twin reverb which is clean most of the time. so this adds a little more versatility.

The Thundertomate custom amp switch was designed after my specs. The idea was: i wanted two amps connected to the board. For each of these amps i wanted to be able to selected the input signal (dry/wet). It comes with phase inverse and ground lift and allows me to mute one of the outputs. There's also an external switch that allows me to 'invert' the mute switch selection. Meaning i can turn the whole thing into a simple a/b amp switch.

After all I'm really into classic sounds and this gives me exactly that with a somewhat modern touch if i want to. So if you are curious what I'm doing give it a listen here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhQyA-RsPyU
playing guitar in http://hemmrohm.bandcamp.com

soggy mittens
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by soggy mittens » Thu Dec 21, 2017 10:24 pm

Last edited by soggy mittens on Sat Feb 17, 2018 12:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
If OSG has tort me anything...

O Drones
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by O Drones » Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:36 pm

The Cherry Wave

Sid Nitzerglobin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Sid Nitzerglobin » Tue Jan 02, 2018 8:01 am

Received the 19.5"x14.5" custom board, Strymon Deco, and Zuma from my friend as the majority payment for the AC30CCH half stack I'm moving along to him on Sunday and tranferred the Strymon setup w/ a couple of changes over to it yesterday:
Set it up for mono in w/ an insert for an effects loop when desired, splitting out to stereo before the Little Lehle.

Routing goes:
instrument > PolyTune 2 > Rockaway Archer > Tap-A-Whirl v3 > Buffer + (under shelf) > [amp in > amp loop send >] Tone Job > Ditto > P-Split II (under shelf) > Little Lehle II { Deco > Timeline > BigSky } > stereo amps

Fun stuff so far. I'm really liking the Deco, w/ the favorite switch it's covering straight slap and an awesome 3D chorus-y, leslie/roto-vibe-y sound on the right switch and subtle clean saturation and edge of tape overdrive on the left switch. This thing seems to sound great however I dial the delay and is really useful as a clean boost or OD stacker.

I'ts pretty nice having all the I/O and a fused power switch mounted to board frame but I'll say one thing for the Pedaltrain boards, they're are pretty easy to work w/. It took all afternoon getting this one put together and cabled...

Sid Nitzerglobin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Sid Nitzerglobin » Sat Jan 13, 2018 7:02 pm

I got some bulk Disaster Cable bits in last week and finally got around to rebuilding the blue bass board w/ coordinated cables and swapping over to the SFT and the B7K in the drive section:
Routing goes:
bass > Ego > PolyTune Mini > Microtubes B7K > SFT > Bypass Loop { Wonderlove > Omicron Chorus } > JamMan Express XT > ParaEQ > amp

So far the Disaster Cables seem like the best solderless solution I've tried. They seem to combine the best features of the Planet Waves (the really easy assembly and reliability of having a set screw) and Lava (although they are even lower profile). The cable seems as transparent as any other I've tried and is nicely pliable making it significantly easier to work with. The cable notch cut into the "cap" of the jacks allows the cable to exit straight out, at a right angle, or anywhere in between which to me seems like it would reduce the typical stress points I've run into w/ the George Ls or Lava varieties I've tried. They've held up for several tours w/o a hiccup for my friend who recommended them to me. You can supposedly use George L cable in the jacks too but I haven't tried it yet.

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:46 am

I got a new, smaller power supply (CIOKS Adam) that fits underneath the board, leaving room for one more pedal:

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Sun Jan 14, 2018 7:40 am

Nice!

Bart
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Bart » Mon Jan 15, 2018 11:08 pm

kosmonautmayhem wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2017 7:20 pm

What is that echo pedal!? :-*
I’m sorry for the very late response. I have not been visiting forums that often these days. I rehoused a CMATMODS Deeelay in a DIY stompbox. Thanks.

Zork
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Zork » Thu Jan 25, 2018 2:33 pm

Utilities:

Effects:

StevenO
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by StevenO » Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:08 am

No pictures, currently, but I've been thinking about making a little effects setup for my guitar. I might be doing more "jamming", so I think it's time I get something that is just grab and go. I usually don't use pedals, but I think for creativity purposes having a few little knickknacks might be nice to get those creative juices flowing.

I'm thinking of keeping it simple...

What I have:

Guitar > Tuner > Rusty Box > Ibanez DE7 > TC HoF Reverb > Amp

That alone would give me a lot to work with, what with two gain stages, a great sounding echo, and versatile reverb. I'm thinking about picking up something like a TC Flashback 2 to replace the delay, not necessarily for sound but for versatility.

I'm thinking I might double down and do a mini-pedal setup though.

Guitar > Tuner > Mini Super Fuzz (Malekko?) > Rusty Box (not a mini, but sounds glorious) > Mini Analog Delay (Mooer? Malekko? Ibanez? Lovepedal? What else is out there?) > Malekko Trem (already have, love it) > Mini Reverb (Malekko?) > Amp

I think that would be more than I'd ever need. Any suggestions for what would be better?

marqueemoon
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by marqueemoon » Fri Jan 26, 2018 6:36 am

The One Control BJF mini pedals look super cool.

SadFuzz
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by SadFuzz » Fri Jan 26, 2018 7:12 am

O Drones wrote:
Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:36 pm
What's the pink pedal below the TU-3?
icerinkband.bandcamp.com

Sid Nitzerglobin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Sid Nitzerglobin » Fri Jan 26, 2018 12:36 pm

StevenO wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2018 3:08 am

Guitar > Tuner > Mini Super Fuzz (Malekko?) > Rusty Box (not a mini, but sounds glorious) > Mini Analog Delay (Mooer? Malekko? Ibanez? Lovepedal? What else is out there?) > Malekko Trem (already have, love it) > Mini Reverb (Malekko?) > Amp
That Omicron Fuzz is pretty damn nice IMO. It's seriously abrasive in character but in the best possible way. I keep regretting selling mine.

Does Malekko make a mini Delay? If so I need one :) I've played w/ the Ibanez one and it seems fairly good, not as good or quirky as the AD80 but seemed serviceable.

The Omicron Spring is probably the only mini verb I've considered grabbing. The closest I've got to it is the JRAD Boing but it's larger in size and more subtle, works great as a typical combo spring tank replacement though.