PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: your effects setup?

Post by marqueemoon » Mon Nov 28, 2016 12:48 pm

Changed some things up.

PJazzmaster
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Location: Bo Diddley Technical Institute of Cryptozoology (European HQ)

Post by PJazzmaster » Mon Nov 28, 2016 4:46 pm

⬆ ⬆ ⬆ Why am I not suprised by the Maxon AD80 on your board ??? :whistle: :freako: :P

Oyster Boy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Oyster Boy » Thu Dec 01, 2016 11:24 am

Making some big changes to my board. I sold some pretty beloved pedals, and I'm pulling off a few of my main stays. Adding something really cool in their place. Can't wait to share it when it's all finished!

Chip Korea
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Chip Korea » Fri Dec 02, 2016 12:31 pm

Finally finished the first (of many) attempts at my first pedal board. I have gone totally OTT after years playing little and using a fuzz (and occasional auto-wah) only. Will try to post a pic later.

I have a Loopmaster 8 switcher with tuner out and bypass.

Tuner - Korg Pitch Black

Loop 1 - ZVex Fuzz Probe > Zvex Wah Probe
Loop 2 - ZVex Ringtone > Boss AW-2 Auto Wah > DAM Meathead clone > Jim Dunlop Crybaby > Devi Ever Hyperion Clone
Loop 3 - Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter with expression input controlled by a Co-FX Broadcast
Loop 4 - Tone City Tape Machine
Loop 5 - North Effects Repeater
Loop 6 - Ibanez AF-2 Airplane Flanger
Loop 7 - Burford Britt Face > Boss DS-2 Turbo Distortion
Loop 8 - WMD Utility Parametric EQ > Electro Harmonix Neo Clone > Boo Instruments Boost

Stripped back it would be as follows -

Loop 2 - ZVex Ringtone > DAM Meathead clone > Jim Dunlop Crybaby > Devi Ever Hyperion Clone
Loop 5 - North Effects Repeater
Loop 8 - WMD Utility Parametric EQ > Electro Harmonix Neo Clone > Boo Instruments Boost

The rest is stuff that I either haven't begun to get my head around, or that I'm checking I don't particularly want to keep. Or there for pure sillyness (Loop 1). A tremolo and the right phaser for me are two things I'd really like. 4th fuzz, flanger, delay, distortion, auto-wah are not really needed!

This is more of a 'chuck everything on a board for home noodling and recording purposes', not a sensible set-up for gigging. In case you hadn't noticed!

Sid Nitzerglobin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Sid Nitzerglobin » Fri Dec 02, 2016 7:47 pm

The Surf Rider III and Stutter-lite came in yesterday and I hooked up this new config for one of the Metros today:
It'll get shuffled around a bit once the Panther Cub and Civil War Big Mud get here but I'm liking it a lot as is.

Routing is like so:
guitar > PolyTune > Keeley bypass loop { Catalinbread Naga Viper > Devi Ever Shoegazer > Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop Millennium OD } > Empress ParaEQ > Fairfield Circuitry Operator { Way Huge Aqua-Puss > Catalinbread Valcoder > Solid Gold FX Stutter-lite } > Solid Gold FX Surf Rider III

To be honest I could probably get along great w/ just the ParaEQ and/or the Naga Viper for drive plugged into one of the British amps, that Empress box is amazing. The Barbershop is a great "transparent" OD though and it's cool to check out the Shoegazer again for the splattery heavy fuzz and nuclear meltdown type sounds.

The Aqua-Puss is a bit grungier and warmer than I recalled but sounds cool regardless. I've got the Valcoder dialed more for amp sim than tremolo and it does that job admirably. These two will most likely be replaced w/ the Panther Cub and either a ring mod or envelope filter in its FX loop. I've just started scratching the surface of the Surf Rider but so far I'm in love. The Stutter-lite seems really impressive for bias trem sounds (my favorite).

Chip Korea
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Chip Korea » Sat Dec 03, 2016 12:43 am

Maybe I just dont realise how much they're appreciated but I get what you say about your parametric EQ. Mine came in a job lot of pedals bought reasonably cheap... I had no idea what to expect but absolutely love it. I have barely scratched the surface so far but gut feel is its now up there with fuzz and wah in the top 3 most important pedals for me.

WHat percentage of people use them? If you do how much do you like it and what do you use it for? If you don't use one why not?

bubba899
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by bubba899 » Mon Dec 05, 2016 1:02 pm

thegumbootman wrote:Jazzmaster > Whammy > tuner > Soul Food > Moog Drive > Moog Ring Mod (expression pedal controlling the frequency) > Boss VB-2 > Strymon TimeLine > 70's Fender Vibro Champ

Bosh that Sunface in there and I think you have the perfect rig!

Sid Nitzerglobin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Sid Nitzerglobin » Sat Dec 10, 2016 5:58 pm

The Big Mud came in yesterday and so I updated the blue one:
Signal goes:
guitar > tc PolyTune > Xotic EP Boost > Keeley bypass loop {Tym's Civil War Big Mud > Fairfield Circuitry Barbershop Milennium} > Empress ParaEQ > Fairfield Circuitry Operator ?! {JHS Panther Cub > Solid Gold FX Stutter-lite > Solid Gold FX Surf Rider III > Mr. Black Supermoon} > JHS Buffered Splitter

I'm actually going to get to try it w/ the band tomorrow ( :w00t: :D ) but so far I think the drive section has just the right number of options for me. The Big Mud is all big and fat and warm sounding and seems great, Gilmore to Mascis to Iommi (w/ a Treble boost in front of it) and a lot of other places in between. I can't overstate how much I love that ParaEQ either, really great frequency shaping and gain control, a great sounding boost, and a buffer to boot.

I've got all of my time/mod "must haves" covered in pretty great ways to my ears w/ the Panther Cub, Stutter-lite, and Surf Rider so I may wind up rotating pedals in the Supermoon's slot until something sticks, I love the atmosphere of it but we'll see how much I use it.

niksureal
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by niksureal » Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:56 pm

my current board...
pedals arent arranged on the board by signal chain (hence the mess of cables).
guitar>tuner>topanga>rat>ocd clone>swollen pickle>tone tattoo (metal muff, neo clone, memory toy)>transmisser>63 reverb>looper>space echo>amp(s)

shoule79
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by shoule79 » Thu Dec 22, 2016 11:05 am

Here is what I have been using lately.

Digitech Expression Factory > Boss CS3 > OCD > Cathedral > BOR > Rat > DMM

I wish I didn't need the expression factory, but wah, whammy, space, vibe and a volume pedal in 1 place are handy. I end up using it a lot with the people I'm playing with.

The compressors probably going in the near future, stuck it on there for an experiment and didn't dig the results. A tremolo would be handier when my Princeton isn't enough and i need my Mesa.

parry
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by parry » Wed Dec 28, 2016 11:40 am

Still trying to keep things as lean as I can - that said; this chain gives a surprising amount of variation in sound and texture.
It feels like I have everything sorted for the most part, but I'm (still) stuck in the goddamned loop of continually swapping that last spot between the Fuck and Mini because I can't ever settle on exactly what kind of "broken" sound I want.
:D

Fighting for peace is like fucking for virginity.

mynameisjonas
Admin
Admin

Post by mynameisjonas » Thu Dec 29, 2016 2:41 am

I had to ditch the all-Boss approach, I missed my Big Murph too much. So now I'm using the FZ-2 in boost mode most of the time, and switch it over to Fuzz II when needed (without having to twist any of the knobs).

thegumbootman
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by thegumbootman » Thu Dec 29, 2016 8:27 pm

bubba899 wrote:
Bosh that Sunface in there and I think you have the perfect rig!
The Sunface doesn't seem to be as good with my Vox AC15 or Fender Champ, compared to how it sounds with my Laney GH50L (JCM 800 basically), and I've been using the AC15 mostly.

Took some updated pics:

Whammy > tuner > Barber Tone Press > EHX Soul Food > Harmonic Percolator >
Moog MuRF > Boss VB-2 > Strymon Timeline > OBN Dark Star Reverb > Vox AC15

Zeus
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Zeus » Fri Jan 06, 2017 9:22 pm

Had some recent incomings/outgoings, finally put this together:

Oyster Boy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Oyster Boy » Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:30 am

I did a complete overhaul of my setup over the holidays. I'm ready to get real weird!

Signal flow:

Guitar > Patch Box > Whammy 5 > Philosopher's Tone Micro > PLL > Warped Vinyl Mk II > HotCake > Archer > Ring Mod > Volume > Nemesis > Transmisser > Boomerang > back to the patch box > Amp

Exp pedal controls any combination of the following: Any parameter on the Nemesis, Rate on the Warped Vinyl, Freq and or mix on the Ring Mod.