GGG and BYOC pedals

Everyone needs a stompbox.
Pumpkin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

GGG and BYOC pedals

Post by Pumpkin » Wed Jan 10, 2007 12:08 am

Spoke to the guy from General Guitar Gadgets and he said that next week he'll be ading a Phase 100 project including all parts etc.
Coool,cause i really want to builds me one of them,some things are worth making and some are cheaper to buy the real thing but i like the soldering and the "doin something" factor of it.

Has BYOC shipped internationally for anyone here?
Last edited by Anonymous on Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

pullover
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: MYO pedals

Post by pullover » Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:06 am

Thanks for the news on the Phase 100 now I have one more project to add to my list.  :D
corona wrote: Has MYOC shipped internationally for anyone here?
Do you mean BYOC (Build Your Own Clone)? They have distributors in Canada, the EU, UK, Singapore, and Australia, but I don't know if they directly ship overseas. Your profile says that your in Australia.
Here's the brochure for the Aussie distributor, http://www.ormsbyguitars.com/pedals/brochure.pdf
Why should we buy postage stamps? We can make our own.

Pumpkin
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Pumpkin » Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:18 pm

Yea i mean BYOC.

The thing about buying anything from Australia is it cost ridiculous amounts,hence,i buy everything from the U.S.
Even once you take into account AU$1 is US76Cents and the AU$6-$30 for shipping,i still get it all for around a third to half of what it is here.
Like for example a EH Small clone cost me AU$95 inc shipping but in OZ they sell for AU$200-$300.

These prices are totally ridiculous and I'll never pay it.
I can import AU$250 worth of anything totally tax free but after that i pay duty and gst ect,but even this is minimal and not a problem next to ozzi prices.
People say "support your local store",i say why? they charge shitloads!

So if its picks,strings,effects,cases,guitars or what ever,i buy it in the US.

Getting back to the BYOC thing.If they don't ship here I'll have to get kits from GGG.
Last edited by Anonymous on Wed Jan 10, 2007 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mezcalhead
Admin
Admin

Post by mezcalhead » Thu Jan 11, 2007 12:12 am

Yeah, Australian prices are over the top. I want to pick up everything I need here before moving back. UK prices aren't great but the strength of the pound helps a lot.
corona wrote: Yea i mean BYOC.
BTW you should be able to edit the title of your original post .. so your thread will then have the correct title as well.
Distance-crunching honcho with echo unit.

pullover
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: GGG and BYOC pedals

Post by pullover » Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:18 am

I know what you mean, I visited Australia several times, it seamed like the only cheap music equipment were SX's from Indonesia or Singapore. If the equipment had a name brand on it, the price was ridiculous. But hey, you could walk around the corner and get a pint of beer at 8 in the morning for about a buck fifty. The prices on the brochure that I linked to don't look too bad. Seams to be about a hundred dollars a pedal.
Why should we buy postage stamps? We can make our own.