Re: Setup of the day

Everyone needs a stompbox.
User avatar
shadowplay
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 25817
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2007 4:30 am
Location: Glasgow. Scotland
Contact:

Re: Setup of the day

Post by shadowplay » Tue May 26, 2020 2:47 am

zhivago wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:59 pm
Image
I'm going to be shallow and say that's a handsome amp, some folk might think this odd but I personally couldn't have some scab ass amp with horrible fonts and a bakers dozen of aesthetic faults in any communal area in our house. I guess you don't think of this when you are young but I don't want my house to look like a junk shop and if an amps is out and about it's got to function as furniture/object d'art on some level.

Even then I don't personally have an out and proud amp in the living room or any of the family spaces because I'm a houseproud OCD asshole but if I did it would have to be bonny. Sad to say I seldom fire up a big amp these days, I generally play acoustic and with electric most of the time it's a Boss GT-100 into headphones or if I'm really rawking the Budokan the Boss into a Yamaha THR10 because the whole setup fits in the storage space in a pouffe and works OK with Bass or synth too.

I like how Matchless sound too but I've never seen one at a price I wanted to pay but I'm pleased you manged to thread that needle and I'd also say that Matchless are the one firm with the same name as an iconic product I tolerate. (not a fan of the likes of Duesenberg)

Can I also add myself to the chorus of folk interested in your new project.

D
Gott in Himmel!

User avatar
Trout
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:32 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Setup of the day

Post by Trout » Tue May 26, 2020 10:59 am

Running both amps from the PN-2. It's just lovely :) The champ on volume 7 just about to break up and the JC on 3-ish to match in volume :D There is also a TW-1 first in the chain (after the tuner) but didn't use that or the df-2 much tonight. Just loud and clear :-*

Image

Image
#sitdownrock found at https://soundcloud.com/oldguywithaview

User avatar
Filipe
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 532
Joined: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:07 am
Location: Ghent, Belgium
Contact:

Re: Setup of the day

Post by Filipe » Tue May 26, 2020 11:09 am

Trout wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:59 am
Running both amps from the PN-2. It's just lovely :) The champ on volume 7 just about to break up and the JC on 3-ish to match in volume :D There is also a TW-1 first in the chain (after the tuner) but didn't use that or the df-2 much tonight. Just loud and clear :-*
I have a JC-50 too. I love it, but it's ridiculously loud, isn't it. I rarely have to turn it past 3, even with a drummer :D

User avatar
Trout
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 853
Joined: Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:32 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Setup of the day

Post by Trout » Tue May 26, 2020 11:26 am

Well, maybe it was on 2... ;D
#sitdownrock found at https://soundcloud.com/oldguywithaview

User avatar
Maggieo
Expat
Expat
Posts: 10676
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: Setup of the day

Post by Maggieo » Tue May 26, 2020 11:43 am

Image
Guitar Paradise, March 13, 2020 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Add the Rhoney and some Caroline pedals, and that's this week's rig.
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

User avatar
zhivago
Mods
Mods
Posts: 20730
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:18 am
Location: London, UK

Re: Setup of the day

Post by zhivago » Tue May 26, 2020 1:55 pm

shadowplay wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 2:47 am
zhivago wrote:
Sat May 16, 2020 10:59 pm
Image
I'm going to be shallow and say that's a handsome amp, some folk might think this odd but I personally couldn't have some scab ass amp with horrible fonts and a bakers dozen of aesthetic faults in any communal area in our house. I guess you don't think of this when you are young but I don't want my house to look like a junk shop and if an amps is out and about it's got to function as furniture/object d'art on some level.

Even then I don't personally have an out and proud amp in the living room or any of the family spaces because I'm a houseproud OCD asshole but if I did it would have to be bonny. Sad to say I seldom fire up a big amp these days, I generally play acoustic and with electric most of the time it's a Boss GT-100 into headphones or if I'm really rawking the Budokan the Boss into a Yamaha THR10 because the whole setup fits in the storage space in a pouffe and works OK with Bass or synth too.

I like how Matchless sound too but I've never seen one at a price I wanted to pay but I'm pleased you manged to thread that needle and I'd also say that Matchless are the one firm with the same name as an iconic product I tolerate. (not a fan of the likes of Duesenberg)

Can I also add myself to the chorus of folk interested in your new project.

D
Totally with you, D...things need to look right otherwise they are out for me! :)

I will definitely post music links in the future...it will definitely be a while, but it'll happen... 8)
Resident Spartan.

User avatar
Z*Z*Z
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 752
Joined: Fri Sep 26, 2008 2:00 pm
Location: Zrenjanin, Serbia, Europe

Re: Setup of the day

Post by Z*Z*Z » Sat May 30, 2020 3:22 am

Boring and cheapest setup of the day

Mutt Tele Deluxe HH -> Vox Tonelab ST -> DIY Tweed Princeton with H&K badge

Tele is Squier Body with SD Antiquities and some random rw neck, Vox Tonelab ST is an standard multieffect unit, and Princeton is modded with NFB, Fat and some other mods and 12" Rivera Fender Speaker 8)


Image

User avatar
Logrinn
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 171
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 3:08 am
Location: Sweden

Re: Setup of the day

Post by Logrinn » Sat May 30, 2020 9:04 am

Trout wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 10:59 am
...

Image
I really like the color on that Jaguar. Might I ask what it is? Is it Burgundy Mist or perhaps some darker gold?

User avatar
solfege
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 367
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:05 pm
Location: Philly

Re: Setup of the day

Post by solfege » Wed Jun 24, 2020 4:30 pm

The office setup, which will change when something arrives in the mail soonish, but for the moment the Magic "i" is resisting being relocated to the big board downstairs b/c it's just so much fun and it plays really nicely with the Pathfinder.

Image

Interestingly, it also plays nicely with the Swollen Pickle.
Image

User avatar
Maggieo
Expat
Expat
Posts: 10676
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: Setup of the day

Post by Maggieo » Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:29 am

I went on a DOD buying spree after al their stuff got marked down to crazy cheap prices:

Image
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

User avatar
somanytoys
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 3325
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:59 pm
Location: Baton Rouge, LA

Re: Setup of the day

Post by somanytoys » Thu Jun 25, 2020 11:25 am

Maggieo wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:29 am
I went on a DOD buying spree after al their stuff got marked down to crazy cheap prices:

Image
What, no DOD chorus?!?
Pfffffttt....
(Do they even make one?!? Haha)
-David

It's a boost booster, to boost your boost - it makes your tone much muchier.

User avatar
stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 3687
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:55 am
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Contact:

Re: Setup of the day

Post by stevejamsecono » Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:32 pm

Maggieo wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:29 am
I went on a DOD buying spree after al their stuff got marked down to crazy cheap prices:

Image
I find the color palette of this photo very pleasing to the eye. Well done!

What do you think of the Rubberneck so far? I got it on the recommendation of a friend a few years back and I've really grown to love it. I know you've had a few Memory Men (Mans?) in your day, so I'd be curious to hear your impression.
And you find out life isn't like that
It's so hard to understand
Why the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

User avatar
dc
Expat
Expat
Posts: 2042
Joined: Sun Oct 08, 2006 9:57 pm
Location: seattle

Re: Setup of the day

Post by dc » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:35 pm

Maggieo wrote:
Tue May 26, 2020 11:43 am
Image
Guitar Paradise, March 13, 2020 by Maggie Osterberg, on Flickr

Add the Rhoney and some Caroline pedals, and that's this week's rig.

this thread has been going on for 12 years now and it NEVER disappoints 8)
in this land / right now / some are insane / and they're in charge

User avatar
Maggieo
Expat
Expat
Posts: 10676
Joined: Mon Oct 02, 2006 10:36 am
Location: Nebraska, USA
Contact:

Re: Setup of the day

Post by Maggieo » Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:16 am

stevejamsecono wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:32 pm
Maggieo wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:29 am
I went on a DOD buying spree after al their stuff got marked down to crazy cheap prices:

Image
I find the color palette of this photo very pleasing to the eye. Well done!

What do you think of the Rubberneck so far? I got it on the recommendation of a friend a few years back and I've really grown to love it. I know you've had a few Memory Men (Mans?) in your day, so I'd be curious to hear your impression.
It's still so new to me, and I am such a long time MM user, that I haven't even begun to scratch what it can do. I like the timbres coming out of it, especially the gain and the modulation. Tap tempo is still a bit of a mystery. If I synch it to the temp of the song, the delay kind of disappears.


Got any tips/tricks?
“Now I am quietly waiting for/ the catastrophe of my personality/ to seem beautiful again.”- Frank O'Hara
I am not an attorney and this post is for entertainment purposes only. Please consult a licensed attorney in your state for legal advice.

User avatar
stevejamsecono
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923
Posts: 3687
Joined: Tue Oct 17, 2006 10:55 am
Location: Brooklyn, NYC
Contact:

Re: Setup of the day

Post by stevejamsecono » Fri Jun 26, 2020 10:12 am

Maggieo wrote:
Fri Jun 26, 2020 9:16 am
stevejamsecono wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 6:32 pm
Maggieo wrote:
Thu Jun 25, 2020 8:29 am
I went on a DOD buying spree after al their stuff got marked down to crazy cheap prices:

Image
I find the color palette of this photo very pleasing to the eye. Well done!

What do you think of the Rubberneck so far? I got it on the recommendation of a friend a few years back and I've really grown to love it. I know you've had a few Memory Men (Mans?) in your day, so I'd be curious to hear your impression.
It's still so new to me, and I am such a long time MM user, that I haven't even begun to scratch what it can do. I like the timbres coming out of it, especially the gain and the modulation. Tap tempo is still a bit of a mystery. If I synch it to the temp of the song, the delay kind of disappears.


Got any tips/tricks?
It's definitely on the darker side repeat-wise, very much in the realm of the Carbon Copy which I've also had and really liked. The way I personally have it set is with the gain at minimum and the delay tone between Noon and 3pm, depending on the song. This fills out the sound nicely and keeps the repeats crisp without making them too "present".

The tap tempo on the pedal was a real game-changer for me, personally. I've never really been a huge follower of the Edge or any of the big "delay pedal" people, so whenever I had one before it was kind of just on and adding to the noise. Tap tempo has allowed me to start adding it to stuff with a bit more intent and use it as part of my guitar parts. I really like it, and I almost think that doing it with a super clean digital delay would almost be too cluttered at times.
And you find out life isn't like that
It's so hard to understand
Why the world is your oyster but your future's a clam

Post Reply