Everyone needs a stompbox.
Unicorn Warrior
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Re: Setup of the day

Post by Unicorn Warrior » Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Drill wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:16 am
Just got a 1973 Fender Rhodes and decided to play some ambient sounds with a Deluxe Memory Boy and a Cathedral.
Here's a lil video I made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNqskhC0mQg
Love these Rhodes keys...I'm in the making right now of making my wife a pedalboard for acoustic and will likely use it for keys also. Good stuff!

nanamour
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by nanamour » Wed Jun 19, 2019 9:06 am

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:00 pm
Damn Nanamour! That is a killer setup!!! It sounded epic, I take it?
With the echo repeats verging on oscillation feeding into the Reverberocket’s swampy echoey reverb, it does sound—in the most literal sense of the word—pretty epic :)

It’s funny; I’ve tried a bunch of different guitars through the Echolette but it seems that only strats and teles really have the “magic;” even when tweaking the internal gain pot to compensate for different pickup outputs, the notes just don’t bloom, compress, and sustain in the same way as with a good tele/strat.

I’m kind of eschewing pedals for the time being, and with this setup I haven’t missed them—there’s enough here to tweak and interact with to get lost for hours.

Ursa Minor
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Ursa Minor » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:26 am

That sounds about right. I've been looking at Echolette's more and more lately. :shifty:
The artist formerly known as kosmonautmayhem.

nanamour
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by nanamour » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:37 am

kosmonautmayhem wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:26 am
That sounds about right. I've been looking at Echolette's more and more lately. :shifty:
There are still deals on them out there, especially in comparison to where the prices of Re-201's and Echoplexes have gone over the past decade. Even with a few bucks spent on new glass I'm into mine for less than what a big box DMM goes for these days. Plus if you happen to find one with the original tubes, you can flip those five Telefunken 12AX7s and 12AU7 to the hifi set and likely recoup more than you spent on the Echolette :shifty:

Ursa Minor
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Ursa Minor » Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:46 am

That's really encouraging. And fact is, I'm much more interested in these than the Space Echo / Echoplex types. Did you have to mod yours at all or have any other maintenance done?
The artist formerly known as kosmonautmayhem.

nanamour
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by nanamour » Wed Jun 19, 2019 12:20 pm

kosmonautmayhem wrote:
Wed Jun 19, 2019 11:46 am
That's really encouraging. And fact is, I'm much more interested in these than the Space Echo / Echoplex types. Did you have to mod yours at all or have any other maintenance done?
Many will still have DIN input and output jacks, so you'll likely need to factor in a couple of DIN to 1/4" adaptors or have someone convert them to standard 1/4" jacks. In my own (far from comprehensive) experience, it isn't uncommon to find examples from American sellers with this modification already done, but when I was considering importing one from Germany the vast majority of EU examples I saw still had DIN inputs/outputs.

I took a gamble and got mine in untested condition from an eBay seller who didn't seem to know what it was; It had already been converted to 1/4 jacks and didn't need anything but a good thorough tape head cleaning and demagnetization and a new tape loop to get it up and running--all of which you should easily be able to do yourself. These things are built to an incredibly high standard of 60s West German engineering, so as long as the motor is running ok, I can't see a whole lot that could go wrong, bar replacing the odd tube, or maybe a tape head or two.

As with anything of this age, you should probably budget some $$ for a recap job somewhere down the line; I still need to recap mine at some point, but it sounds great for now so I'll probably wait until I can take it to a pro...the internals are largely a point to point wired rat's nest and are a bit...intimidating :ph34r:

Also have a look for a Dynacord Echocord Super S65; it's essentially a badge engineered Echolette with a slightly different control layout.

Drill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Drill » Thu Jun 20, 2019 7:49 am

Unicorn Warrior wrote:
Tue Jun 18, 2019 8:40 pm
Drill wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:16 am
Just got a 1973 Fender Rhodes and decided to play some ambient sounds with a Deluxe Memory Boy and a Cathedral.
Here's a lil video I made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNqskhC0mQg
Love these Rhodes keys...I'm in the making right now of making my wife a pedalboard for acoustic and will likely use it for keys also. Good stuff!
Thanks! :)
I still have to try it with my guitar pedalboard.
Hopefully will post some more jams with the other pedals.

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 12:08 am

Sold a few Eurorack modules, bought a few pedals I've been wanting, and they all arrived today. I bought an EHX Attack Decay (the new one), Catalinbread Echorec, and a Lehle P-Split II. The Attack Decay I'll need more time with (and to actually go through the manual), but is super cool so far. I've been dying to get an Echorec back after I sold my last one to get a Dawner Prince Boonar and regretted it. The instant I plugged in the Echorec, it was like an hour with an old friend. I also didn't realize that the P-Split is passive (hence the "P" likely), which is so nice, since I won't have to lose another power supply spot.

I was switching the pedals in and out (for a total of 5 pedals running at any time), and other than the new was running:
Catalinbread Naga Viper > EQD Hummingbird > [P-Split] > [Echorec] > Caroline Kilobyte > EQD Space Spiral > [Wampler Reflection]

I had originally wanted to buy another Echorec for the bass board, but I don't think I'll be able to part with it on my guitar board.
Pickup Switching Mad Scientist
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

_meisterman_
PAT PEND
PAT PEND

Post by _meisterman_ » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:14 am

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou wrote:
Sat Jan 26, 2019 2:04 pm
So we were in the studio and brought our whole weird stuff together for the first time:
Today's last song was overdubbed using the Eastwood Sidejack and the Vaporizer, while most other songs were recorded using my Jaguar and my Bandmate's Jagmaster (note the good looking length of the Trem-arm (even though it's hanging down atm. (a Teisco and an Epiphone semi hollow were used to but not today)

Amp-Madness with a clear (brand) preference. Most guitar tracks were recorded in an extra room for bleed-free drum tracks (we were recording live, all instruments at the same time) - the Marshall cabinet was only used as a height aid - and the Head on top is the raw prototype of my bandmate's Hot Rod Deluxe head modification. Hopefully soon to be redone and tolexed...

my board (left upper corner is normally occupied with the DBA Echomaster (but our singer used it in the control room) - and the space is soon to be taken anyhow by my custom bent aluminium enclosure to house both the Surfy Bear & Trem.

Second guitarist's pedal board - he is responsible for all the spheric sounds.

Bassist's Board. Yes a Bassist may have some grit in his sound too! Also the Peavey Stack (that can be seen in picture one) is pretty dirty itself.
Hey man, I gotta ask, What are the pickups in that jaguar, they look amazing! Almost like they were taken out of an old teisco guitar. And what bridge dud you use in lieu of the AOM bridge?

MayTheFuzzBeWithYou
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MayTheFuzzBeWithYou » Thu Jun 27, 2019 3:47 pm

_meisterman_ wrote:
Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:14 am
Hey man, I gotta ask, What are the pickups in that jaguar, they look amazing! Almost like they were taken out of an old teisco guitar. And what bridge dud you use in lieu of the AOM bridge?
Hey! Thanks a lot!
I guess you mean the "bleeding" black (Squier) Jagmaster? The neck PU is a GFS "Gold Foil" so you were quite right with Teisco... (he also got a Sunburst three pickup Teisco (I don't know the model's name)) - the bridge is the stock Strat-like one but with a Classic Player screw in Trem-arm.
EDIT: I forgot to mention: the bridge pickup is aTV Jones.

The two sunburst guitars: Fender Japan 50th Anniversary Thinline Jaguar with a Mastery Bridge, Seymour Duncan P-Rails with open Pickup frames; brushed plates and an anodized pickguard.

The other one is a Eastwood Sidejack - all stock but the Vibrato-arm (which is the original of the Jaguar) and the Knobs. It comes stock with a Roller-Bridge.

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:33 pm

Finally remembered to get a picture (though it was after I'd already put everything away after I was done playing). Working on my bass board. This was mostly meant to be a trial for the EHX Attack Decay, more than anything else, but I was having such fun playing that I played for longer than I'd originally intended. Playing into my Ampeg BA115 V2.

I've still got a few things to figure out for my bass board, but I'm really getting there. The EHX Attack Decay kicked the ass out of the Malekko Sneak Attack (which is what I was mostly wanting to know). Don't get me wrong, the Sneak Attack sounds really good, but it's functionality is a bit of a pain in the ass. I've still got to figure out which delay I want for the board (leaning towards an EQD Dispatch Master, though I've never tried one on bass). I've also still got to figure out the gain situation, as I currently have my Arc Effects Soothsayer, SS/BS Mini, and Dwarfcraft Baby Thundaa on the board, and need to pare them down a bit. I really just want a overdrive/distortion and a boost, but am still figuring it out.

So far I've got: [bass] > tuner > EQD The Warden > Foxrox Octron 3 > EHX Attack Decay > (overdrive/distortion > boost / boost > overdrive/distortion) > volume pedal > (tremolo) > (phaser) > Wampler Reflection > TC Electronic Ditto > Tech 21 Q\Strip > [amp]

Also, I received my EQD Levitation on Saturday (the 2019 special edition for the festival, with the sweet prog rock graphics!). Tried it on both guitar and bass. With guitar it sounded good, but didn't beat my Red Panda Context, and on bass I didn't really care for it. But that doesn't matter, because I bought it to use with my synth (which should be here at the end of the month, or early August), since the Matriarch doesn't have a reverb. I heard a demo of the levitation on synth, and thought it was absolutely perfect. I'm not planning on a whole board for the synth, but a few pedals just for the hell of it maybe.
http://www.offsetguitars.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=104282&p=1438384#p1438384

hexes
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by hexes » Fri Jul 05, 2019 8:04 pm

have a spaceman atlas iii on the way, and a compressor and expression pedal on the bench, but I'm finally ready to build a board. power is sorted by way of 2 voodoo lab units. Image

matthew a

Post by matthew a » Sun Jul 14, 2019 11:22 am

No more heads, no more AC15s, no more pedalboards. Trying a new brand of stripped back, through any amp fun.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/182090251 ... d-public/#

(Can anyone help with how to post pictures from Flickr using my phone?)

Shadoweclipse13
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Shadoweclipse13 » Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:01 pm

I'm not familiar with Flickr (I think Maggieo might know that one), but on Imgur there's a link on the right side for "direct link". There might be something worded similarly?

EDIT:

I just got it after trying a few things. I went to the arrow/share button on the bottom right of the picture and it gave me this:

url=https://flic.kr/p/2gyDL3b][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/482 ... pg/img/url
url=https://flic.kr/p/2gyDL3b]66B48AB6-757F-4AC7-8BEB-621184EB5E4F[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/182090251@N05/]M A/url, on Flickr"

After playing around a few times, I got rid of everything after the second url, leaving just the top line from the url to the img/url. Note: for the above, I removed the "[ ]" brackets so it would only show the actual text. If you hit the quote button for my post, it'll show the text vs what the posted picture actually is.

matthew a

Post by matthew a » Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:37 pm

Shadoweclipse13 wrote:
Sun Jul 14, 2019 9:01 pm
I'm not familiar with Flickr (I think Maggieo might know that one), but on Imgur there's a link on the right side for "direct link". There might be something worded similarly?

EDIT:

I just got it after trying a few things. I went to the arrow/share button on the bottom right of the picture and it gave me this:

url=https://flic.kr/p/2gyDL3b][img]https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/482 ... pg/img/url
url=https://flic.kr/p/2gyDL3b]66B48AB6-757F-4AC7-8BEB-621184EB5E4F[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/photos/182090251@N05/]M A/url, on Flickr"

After playing around a few times, I got rid of everything after the second url, leaving just the top line from the url to the img/url. Note: for the above, I removed the "[ ]" brackets so it would only show the actual text. If you hit the quote button for my post, it'll show the text vs what the posted picture actually is.
Thank you sir! I don’t get those options on my phone, and as you say it’s confusing even on a desktop. Will need to search for a different hosting place that gives a straightforward url. 8)
Last edited by matthew a on Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.