Re: Setup of the day

Everyone needs a stompbox.
s_mcsleazy
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by s_mcsleazy » Fri Feb 24, 2017 2:44 pm

bunnymaster >> proco rat II >> aria lm308 turbo rat clone >> little bear rattack
offset guitars resident bass player.
'Are you trying to seduce me Mrs Robinson? Or do you just want me to solder a couple of resistors into your Muff?'

davidblane
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by davidblane » Fri Feb 24, 2017 4:26 pm

Needs more Rat

MechaBulletBill
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by MechaBulletBill » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:35 pm

Been spending time with the Rangemaster I bought off our own mijmog

Having never used one, I really didn't know what to expect from the rangemaster but it sounds great with this Traynor. Once you get the volume on the amp up to 3, that's when they start working together, and the harder you push the amp the fuller the boosted sound gets. What surprises me most is how you get hot and hairy zingy overdrive with the guitar volume on full, but then rolled down to just 9 is vastly cleaner. Not like a fuzz face, where you can go down to 5-7 before you get a really clean sound.

I've been running the rangemaster at about 1-2 o'clock because it gets too compressed and mushy at 3 o'clock, although I haven't put a fresh battery in there so that could be making a difference.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Mar 05, 2017 1:42 pm

Resident Spartan.

Ursa Minor
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Ursa Minor » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:50 pm

zhivago wrote:Image

Hooray! You're back to the AD-900!

Been spending lots of time with mine lately. 8)
Are you down to just this delay now?
The artist formerly known as kosmonautmayhem.

ziess
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ziess » Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:53 pm

AD900s are great. I have one on my main board for self oscillation purposes.

Today's rig-

Tommy.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Mar 05, 2017 10:57 pm

kosmonautmayhem wrote:
zhivago wrote:Image

Hooray! You're back to the AD-900!

Been spending lots of time with mine lately.
Are you down to just this delay now?

Hehehe, yes I am re-discovering it at the moment...this is my third one :)

The LED is intermittent on this one, which is a bit of a bummer, but overall I am having fun with it. I also had to tweak the trim pots to make it sound like it should, but now it is sounding really nice. It didn't do any oscillations when I got it, and the delay level was pretty low, making it a bit too subtle. I sometimes think that the first AD900 I had first was the holy grail...that pedal sounded incredible from the get-go.

Regardless though, this now sounds great as well 8)

I still have the Echoczar...I was hoping the AD900 could take its place as sometimes the Czar is too much delay for a simpleton like me, but after some experimenting I am holding onto the Echoczar, that one really is in a league of its own. It just adds something to my sounds that seems to work with my pedals and amp. A certain type of subtle brightness...like a buffer or something. It's real nice. :-*

It's a bit of a bummer the AD900 couldn't kill the Czar, as I was hoping to downsize to a Pedaltrail Metro 20, but I am back to my normal Jr setup after a week or so.

It never ends! :)
Resident Spartan.

ziess
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ziess » Sun Mar 05, 2017 11:10 pm

The LED on mine needed resoldered. Does it come on more reliably if you put some downwards pressure on it?

Tommy.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Mon Mar 06, 2017 1:19 am

ziess wrote:The LED on mine needed resoldered. Does it come on more reliably if you put some downwards pressure on it?

Tommy.
Hey Tommy! :)

Kind of...it occasionally comes on ok (maybe 1/20 times)...other times it needs a hard tap (and I mean a REAL hard tap) on top of the pedal by the LED

Definitely something wrong going on there, which is a bummer...thing is I am not sure where to take it to get this fixed. My usual amp/pedal place on Denmark street (Angel Music) is now closed down. :(
Resident Spartan.

ziess
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by ziess » Mon Mar 06, 2017 11:53 am

zhivago wrote:
ziess wrote:The LED on mine needed resoldered. Does it come on more reliably if you put some downwards pressure on it?

Tommy.
Hey Tommy!

Kind of...it occasionally comes on ok (maybe 1/20 times)...other times it needs a hard tap (and I mean a REAL hard tap) on top of the pedal by the LED

Definitely something wrong going on there, which is a bummer...thing is I am not sure where to take it to get this fixed. My usual amp/pedal place on Denmark street (Angel Music) is now closed down.
I'll take a look at it if you can spare if for a a few days?

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Mon Mar 06, 2017 12:55 pm

ziess wrote:
zhivago wrote:

Tommy.
Hey Tommy!

Definitely something wrong going on there, which is a bummer...thing is I am not sure where to take it to get this fixed. My usual amp/pedal place on Denmark street (Angel Music) is now closed down.
I'll take a look at it if you can spare if for a a few days?

Wow! that would be awesome! :)
Resident Spartan.

Ursa Minor
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Ursa Minor » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:38 pm

^ You guys are awesome. :) Hope its an easy solder repair!

Apparently I missed the threads that followed. Yannis, you're on your 3rd AD900, my current one is my 4th, maybe 5th! :fp: Hopefully I've learned my lesson. I've resolved to keeping this one. After this many times it's pretty clear I need to have one of these around.

I have a 4-chip now. My second one. And honestly, its so dialed-in that I haven't given the MN3005 debate a second thought.

I ended up moving along the one I bought from you, for some reason it just didn't jive with me. This probably makes it seem like AD900s are all over the place. They're really not, ime. But if you know these pedals well enough you'll be able to tell when they're a little different. Same thing with DMMs. Some of them are just dialed-in perfectly. Some need a little tweak.

Probably a good call keeping the echoczar. Sounds like it's become enough of your sound to justify. I feel very similar about my 79 DMM. It just does something to my signal. I love it. But lately I've been enjoying the softer and longer delay times of the AD900. If I have room for just one delay this one usually gets the call.
The artist formerly known as kosmonautmayhem.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:45 pm

kosmonautmayhem wrote:^ You guys are awesome. Hope its an easy solder repair!

Apparently I missed the threads that followed. Yannis, you're on your 3rd AD900, my current one is my 4th, maybe 5th! Hopefully I've learned my lesson. I've resolved to keeping this one. After this many times it's pretty clear I need to have one of these around.

I have a 4-chip now. My second one. And honestly, its so dialed-in that I haven't given the MN3005 debate a second thought.

I ended up moving along the one I bought from you, for some reason it just didn't jive with me. This probably makes it seem like AD900s are all over the place. They're really not, ime. But if you know these pedals well enough you'll be able to tell when they're a little different. Same thing with DMMs. Some of them are just dialed-in perfectly. Some need a little tweak.

Probably a good call keeping the echoczar. Sounds like it's become enough of your sound to justify. I feel very similar about my 79 DMM. It just does something to my signal. I love it. But lately I've been enjoying the softer and longer delay times of the AD900. If I have room for just one delay this one usually gets the call.

This is exactly where I am at.

It is actually kind of strange...I always assumed that these AD900 were all the same, being factory made, VS handmade boutique, but I was wrong. They really all have their different personalities. It's kinda cool, but it also means when you find one you like, keep it :)

I'll definitely keep this one around in reserve! 8)
Resident Spartan.

zhivago
Mods
Mods

Post by zhivago » Sun Mar 26, 2017 9:46 am

Been rocking this board this weekend.

8)
Resident Spartan.

Gav Haus
PAT. # 2.972.923
PAT. # 2.972.923

Post by Gav Haus » Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:10 am

First proper play with my new Jazzmaster at rehearsal the other night. Sure is lovely. People weren't kidding about the size of the necks on these AV65's - right handful!

http://wearerichlist.com